Well, I did it...

spratt

Lieutenant
I guess I can't be a member here anymore:) I sold my boat last Saturday...gonna buy a motorhome, so now I will have a land yacht instead of a water craft...the nerve of some people, huh!!!??? The good thing is I made a nice profit on the sale, and the guy who bought it called me a couple days later and thanked me for selling him the boat, he likes it so much!!! He had wanted to take it out on the water before buying it, but we just could not get together on a time, but we started the motor and he checked the compression (it was 180#'s precisely on both cylinders of the 1967 40HP twin Evinrude), and he finally decided to just buy it. I told him he would not be sorry and he agrees now!!! It was a 1969 15' LeeCraft Runabout...got $1000 for it, the motor and trailer (a 1969 Gator). I already miss it...

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Well, I did it...

I think you bumped yer head FB .. sold the boat to buy a Winnebago!?!?...<br /><br />makes me think you're in need of a psych. evaluation, huh?! :p <br /><br />..you need help man!

Stratosfied

Ensign

Flat, you will get another rig, and I think I speak for others here in that you, and your knowledge, will always be needed and welcomed.

KennyKenCan

Commander

You know FlatBottoms,<br /><br />Popular Mechanics had plans in their magazine a few years back, that showed how to make a Winnabago into a nice cruising boat!!<br /><br />Let me see if I can find that issue from ummmmmm, <br /><br /><br />ahhhhhhhhh, 1974... !

LadyFish

Admiral

At least get yourself a dingy Flatbottoms. No man should be without aquatic transportation. :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> At least get yourself a dingy Flatbottoms. No man should be without aquatic transportation. :)
Leave it to LF to suggest a "Dingy" :D :p

gaugeguy

Captain

You should have bought this one ;) <br /><br />
terrainwater.jpg

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

So you paid $50,000 for a home just to take it out on the road where any idiot can smash into it? ;) (quote from my FIL, long-time motorhomeowner)<br /><br />How bout some pics?<br /><br />Don't know about Washington, but down here you could pull a boat behind a truck behind that Winnebago.

LadyFish

Admiral

LOLOLOL at GG<br /><br />Heck even this would be better than nothin. Maybe you could hollow out the legs for rod holders.<br /><br />
redneck_boat.jpg

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> You should have bought this one ;) <br /><br />
terrainwater.jpg
How sweet is that. I saw a show about a month ago with that on there. It has a deck on the back you can bar-b-que on or dive off of.<br /><br />FlatBottoms, you got a pick of the boat you sold? I would like to see it.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

First time ya park that motorhome in a campground next to a lake your sure gonna regret that decision OUCH. Oh well...Congratulations!...I guess. :D

KaGee

Admiral

Now, instead of a hole in the water to throw your money... you got a big chuck hole.

ndemge

Commander

I sold mine a year ago, and they still let me hang out :) <br /><br />....but I still have my 31" Prather RC .. does that count?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Big Poppa G:<br />
Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> You should have bought this one ;) <br /><br />
terrainwater.jpg
How sweet is that. I saw a show about a month ago with that on there. It has a deck on the back you can bar-b-que on. <br /> Did any one notice the price of this beast?? If I recall it was $750,000.00 base. WoooooHooooo, and still some change for a Big Mac.

gaugeguy

Captain

It's $850,000 base, NYM. I guess there goes the Big Mac ;)

eeboater

Commander

Flat: I grew up around "land yachts." Many probably remember what happened to my parents LAST land yach. I would like to make a suggestion tho. Instead of going with the Run-of-the-mill Winnebago, check out any of Fleetwood's products. My particular favorite is the Bounder. Our family had one for years.<br /><br />Sean

Link

Rear Admiral

WOW I havent been here much lately and when I do get here I find a scarey post like this!<br />NP Ive got ur 6 covered.. try this<br /> http://www.porta-bote.com/ <br />Strap it on the side of your Land Yacht and your good to go.<br />My fishing partner bought one a couple years ago. Takes a bit of getting used to but they float well enough. <br />Any boat is better than no boat.

spratt

Lieutenant

I was strolling thru one of the buildings here on base, and saw a 17' with a walk-thru w/s, motor and trailer for $600 OBO!!! Might just take a look...but thanks for all the kind(?) comments, and LF's and NYM's also...y'all are a great bunch. Might post some pics when I get the MH...it isn't a new one, actually an early 70's with almost no miles and in like perfect shape...