Weird VRO question

Andrec4016

Seaman
yes I know I'm asking a weird question but, Can I add to my 83 140 Rude a VRO system so I don't have to mix oil in the gas tank... according to my manuals VRO was added that year or at the end of depending on model just thinking of one less thing to do at fill up..

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Weird VRO question

Not really a wierd question Andre. I rebuilt a 150 crossflow and added VRO to it. Still running today...... :)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Adding oil injection is a very good idea. BRP even offers a kit. But its not VRO. I dont think you can even buy a VRO pump anymore. What they use now is a straight ratio oil/fuel pump.<br /><br />Just pay close attention to the oil tank location. Water in the oil tank is the number 1 problem. Some reasonable protection from rain and washdown water is all youll ever need.

JC1933

Chief Petty Officer

Good morning guys,<br /><br /> Dhadley would you tell me what is the diffrence between a VRO and a VRO 2? is the 2 the latest straight ratio oil fuel pump?...J,C, :confused:

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The latest is what they call the OMS (oil metering system I believe). The VRO 2 had better warning circuits etc than the VRO but the newest pump is set at 50:1 all the time. Well, itll pump a little less at idle but thats a function of the diaphram.

Andrec4016

Seaman

where can I get one for E140TRLCTE I would like to get one ASAP one I'm tired of measuring and the bigger problem is if I run out oil marinas around here don't carry my usual oil they sell the pink stuff that makes my engine run like S**t

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

AC, any E/J dealer can get it.<br /><br />Youre welcome JC. Hoped that helped.