weird Musky dream

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
prob. sub-concious since we had a huge flood here...<br />so, I'm fishin with a fat chub in about 1' of water<br />and I can clearly see a huge musky chompin' on it,<br />'cept, she won't ever take it! I slowly reel in a<br />tiny bit and try to be able to set the hook, but<br />every time I get the line tight, she spits the<br />chub and I have to start over.<br />woke up just as I was gonna tie on a big spinner<br />bait... ;)

gonfishn

Commander
Re: weird Musky dream

Myself I have different dreams and it ain't a chub I am reeln in.. :D Just off the top of my head your having PMTH associated with some IWTBO..<br /><br />This is a sure case of pre deployment jitters knowing I am coming up in ten days to hunt for the warrior with you..I promise no more killer trees..<br /><br />A sure cure for this is to go to bed sucking on a lemon.. :eek:

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Musky..............Any Other Fin Is Just Bait.<br />Very funny. <br />Outdoor life magazine, january 1993, (I just got around to reading it), carries a story called 'muskie munch'.<br />Seems Mike Cookas and Len Hartman had quite a Canadian experience. Cookas had exhausted an 11# pike, (36" long), when before both there eyes somthing chomped on it. Says that say they saw giant Muskie and heard the crunch! :eek: The Muskie spit the pike out after chewing on it for over 15 minutes. the bite marks were 11 inches from the left side of the jaw to the right. The chewed up pike is on display at Nielsen's Flying Camp in Nester Falls, Ont....sl

gonfishn

Commander

Now Steve thats what I am talkn about..Have ta be a monster to put the chew on a 36"pike..

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

jeff i told you your baits were to small

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

now, I have never seen such a fish...it is a fish? I am thinking that maybe they are related to the alagatior gar. The Gar is plentiful in the south, they even have a salt water varity which rseembles a salt water crock.<br />The freshwater species grow to be 7-9 feet in length. These I have harpooned or 'gigged'. In the south they are eaten. Not bad. Up some to the north they are killed and left to rot, as they eat any thing else. I did see a 2" pike. It actually rained fish, a water spout, and this pike was in with about 30 shad, small ones. <br /> These muskies, are they good eating? I saw the avatar of a muskie on these boards. Cool. It :cool: took me a minute to figure it out...enjoy the weekend...sl