weight capacity and max hp

floatingMP

Cadet
I just bought a used 1989 maxum 1600 with a force 50 and the capacity plate is missing, can somebody tell me my max capacities?

ricksrster

Commander
Re: weight capacity and max hp

at maxum.com you can request an older owners manual.

Realgun

Commander

Probably 50Hp max however redo the floor/stringer and do a USCG backyard calculation with the LxWx whatever and you will see your probaly closer to 90.<br /><br />Thats why the Boat I have can do a 120 and still get insurance. Plate said 85 but that what all Bayliner 1700s say. To bad I can't find the plate. :)

floatingMP

Cadet

Thanks for the info, i actually have done that and currently they dont offer the manual for that boat,I also requested a new plate but they have not responded. Iowa requires me to display passagener capacity on the side with registration #. i have the original owners manual and it does not state that information.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Check with the Iowa authorities to see what they will accept when the plate is not available. I'll just bet that this isn't the first time this has come up.<br /><br />I would think that 4 would be the max - from a comfort and performance standpoint.