Weekly Q&A - 1/2-1/8/2005

LadyFish

Admiral
1. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you? <br />2. What was the funniest thing either you or one of your kids has done?<br />3. Describe three things you like about yourself. <br />4. What is the best thing about your life right now? <br />5. If you had to choose between being a stand up comic or singing in a band, what would you choose?<br />6. What is one talent most people here don’t know that you have?<br />7. Did you make it all the way to midnight New Year's Eve?<br />8. Do you believe in life on other planets?<br />9. Favorite U.S. or World Landmark?<br />10. What would you consider the greatest invention in the last 50 years?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Weekly Q&A - 1/2-1/8/2005

1.What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?-Fell off boat one day while underway and lost shorts. 'nuff said. <br /><br />2.What was the funniest thing either you or one of your kids has done?- Read #1 above.<br /><br />3.Describe three things you like about yourself.-my hair(I still have some)-sense of humor-I wake up every morning. <br /><br />4.What is the best thing about your life right now?-Watching my grandkids grow up. <br /><br />5.If you had to choose between being a stand up comic or singing in a band, what would you choose?-You really have to ask?<br /><br />6.What is one talent most people here don’t know that you have?-TV star<br /><br />7.Did you make it all the way to midnight New Year's Eve?-Yes, in the hot tub with wifey pooh<br /><br />8.Do you believe in life on other planets?-Read answer #5<br /><br />9.Favorite U.S. or World Landmark?-Mt. Rushmore<br /><br />10.What's the greatest invention in the last 50 years?-Space Shuttle

LadyFish

Admiral

1. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?<br />I could write a book but this one comes to mind; I accidentally tucked my dress into the back of my ***** hose and walked through a very crowded restaurant one Valentines Day. <br /><br />2. What was the funniest thing either you or one of your kids has done?<br />I could write a book, but this one comes to mind; At a company Christmas Party, I accidentally knocked the saxophone player off the stage while doing the alligator. I guess you had to be there.<br /><br />3. Describe three things you like about yourself. <br />I’m witty, spontaneous, and have a big heart.<br /><br />4. What is the best thing about your life right now? <br />Being able to watch my daughter do such an incredible job raising her children and being lucky enough to be such a huge part of their lives. <br /><br />5. If you had to choose between being a stand up comic or singing in a band, what would you choose?<br />Sing in a band.<br /><br />6. What is one talent most people here don’t know that you have?<br />I’m quite the seamstress and ammature artist.<br /><br />7. Did you make it all the way to midnight New Year's Eve?<br />Yes.<br /><br />8. Do you believe in life on other planets?<br />Most definitely 'cause SBN said so.<br /><br />9. Favorite U.S. or World Landmark?<br />The Statue of Liberty<br /><br />10. What's the greatest invention in the last 50 years?<br />Automated External Defibrillator (AED)

SpinnerBait_Nut

oh, I read your last answer wrong, sorry. :D <br />Need to clean glasses. :p

ehenry

Commander

1. My son, when he was 3, telling me OUT LOUD that the woman standing behind us in the grocery checkout line..."DADDY, SHE STINKS!!!!"<br /><br />2. My boy at about the same age as #1. was walking around the house with his hands in his pants singing "Playin with my D." I was in shock!! I told him he shouldn't be doing that, let alone be singing about it. Later on that night while getting him ready for bed....A little plastic refridgerator magnetic D fell out of his pants.<br /><br />3. I'm free, over 21 and employed.<br /><br />4. My son.<br /><br />5. Comedian<br /><br />6. I weld yard art.<br /><br />7. Yes<br /><br />8. Yes, the universe is too big for us to be the only ones in it.<br /><br />9. My House ! ! ! Cause its MINE!!<br /><br />10. The internet....I guess. Where would all of us be with out it??

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

1. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?<br /><br />At a customers office, he asked abuot a product, and I completely forgot, and then totally froze.<br /><br />2. What was the funniest thing either you or one of your kids has done? <br /><br />Every day, my two year old does something. Her "language" is very funny.<br /><br />3. Describe three things you like about yourself. <br /><br />Easy going, can fix just about anything, and enjoys many things.<br /><br />4. What is the best thing about your life right now? <br /><br />Great wife and kids.<br /><br />5. If you had to choose between being a stand up comic or singing in a band, what would you choose?<br /><br />Sing, I cant BS very good.<br /><br />6. What is one talent most people here don’t know that you have?<br /><br />I can play the drums.<br /><br />7. Did you make it all the way to midnight New Year's Eve?<br /><br />Yes<br /><br />8. Do you believe in life on other planets?<br /><br />Yes<br /><br />9. Favorite U.S. or World Landmark?<br /><br />Too many to list.<br /><br />10. What would you consider the greatest invention in the last 50 years?<br /><br />The computer.

JB

1. The most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me was when I was walking with my date by a pool. She slipped. I tried to grab her and ended up with the top half of her bikini in my hand. She ended up in the pool.<br /><br />2. One of my daughters poured 4oz. of Chanel #5 into the toilet. . . "because it says toilet water on it". I thought it was funny, even if her mom didn't.<br /><br />3. Three things I like about JB:<br />* I don't compromise my values even when they are unpopular.<br />* I respect others' points of view.<br />* I accept responsibility for my mistakes.<br /><br />4. The best things about my life right now are my genetic family and my iboats family.<br /><br />5. Can't sing. Did the stand-up thing and liked it. Audiences didn't :( <br /><br />6. Most people here don't know that I am a pretty good artist.<br /><br />7. Not only did I make it to midnight NYE, I made it sober. :D <br /><br />8. I do not believe intelligent life exists on other planets and I sometimes doubt that it exists on this one. :D <br /><br />9. Favorite landmark is the Crazy Horse Memorial being carved on Thunderbird Mt. in SD.<br /><br />10. I think the most important invention of the last 50 years is definitely the microprocessor.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by JB:<br /> 1. The most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me was when I was walking with my date by a pool. She slipped. I tried to grab her and ended up with the top half of her bikini in my hand. She ended up in the pool.
Now we know where they got the idea for the Janet Jackson thingy. :D :p

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

1. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you? When I was about 14, I was "dating" my Dad's boss' daughter who was older than me. We were at an amusement park in Europe and went through a "tunnel of love" ride. I tried to sneak a kiss and she was sucking her thumb. We broke up immediately due to my humiliation.<br />2. What was the funniest thing either you or one of your kids has done? A couple of years after being married, I was having a great dream. Problem is, I was dreaming that I was peeing and woke myself up when I felt a warm feeling in my midsection. My wife was pretty pissed off but at least I stopped before getting to the mattress.<br />3. Describe three things you like about yourself. <br />a. I have a healty family.<br />b. I have good friends.<br />c. I have an abundant life. <br />4. What is the best thing about your life right now? I feel like I am living my life like God would have me do.<br />5. If you had to choose between being a stand up comic or singing in a band, what would you choose? I'd probably get more laughs singing, but I'd like to do some stand-up.<br />6. What is one talent most people here don’t know that you have? I sing in the shower.<br />7. Did you make it all the way to midnight New Year's Eve? No. I'm way too old to stay up that late (I'm 34)! I'm a morning bird while my wife is a night owl. It's amazing that we have 3 kids.<br />8. Do you believe in life on other planets? I believe that God is all-powerful. It wouldn't surprise me at all that He created other life on other worlds. It's not as if He couldn't do it.<br />9. Favorite U.S. or World Landmark? The best I have seen are some of the castles off of the Rhine river in Germany. Amazing bits of architecture.<br />10. What would you consider the greatest invention in the last 50 years? Being an internet programmer, I'd have to say the internet.

aspeck

Staff member

1. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?<br /><br />I was speaking at a youth rally (talking about dating and modesty in dress) and to add emphasis to my points I came down off the platform and to the front row of kids. I then put my foot up on a chair to "chat" one-on-one with them. Well, the snickers started and grew from the front of the auditorium to the back. Here my zipper was at half mast and it was gapping wide, and the white underwear contrasted very well with the dark blue jeans!<br /><br />2. What was the funniest thing either you or one of your kids has done?<br /><br />Oh my, too many to choose from. Seems like we are always doing zany things. See # 1 for an example.<br /><br />3. Describe three things you like about yourself.<br /><br />My integrity (what you see is what you get)<br />My amazing good looks - at least that is what the wife says!<br />My humility - HA - or should I say my sense of humor?<br /><br />4. What is the best thing about your life right now?<br /><br />My relationships - with my God, my wife, my kids, and my friends.<br /><br />5. If you had to choose between being a stand up comic or singing in a band, what would you choose?<br /><br />If I stood up and sang, I would be a stand up comic! So I will have to go with that one.<br /><br />6. What is one talent most people here don’t know that you have?<br /><br />I am a pretty good cook.<br /><br />7. Did you make it all the way to midnight New Year's Eve?<br /><br />Yes, wife and a couple of friends watched a movie. Then when midnight came we yelled "Happy New Year!" kissed our wives, prayed for God's guidance, protection, and blessing in 2005, listened to the fireworks, and went to bed.<br /><br />8. Do you believe in life on other planets?<br /><br />Spinner and OBJ are proof of that!<br /><br />9. Favorite U.S. or World Landmark?<br /><br />Dunno, but when flying I love to see the US eastern seaboard. Then I know I am not far from home!<br /><br />10. What would you consider the greatest invention in the last 50 years?<br /><br />Internet - Thanks Al!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />1. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you? <br /><br />College days, after a night of hard partying I woke up naked in a bathroom and couldn't remember where I was. Turned out to be a girl's dorm.<br /><br />2. What was the funniest thing either you or one of your kids has done?<br /><br />My 5 year-old nephew told his mom he didn't want to be a red-head anymore. She tried to talk him out of it & finally said, "God gave you red hair." He bowed his head & closed his eyes for about 5 seconds then looked up with a grin, "what color is it now?"<br /><br /><br />3. Describe three things you like about yourself. <br /><br />I got a sweet bike.<br />I'm good at hooking up with chicks.<br />I'm about the only dude in school with a mustache.<br /><br />No, wait, that's Pedro in Napoleon Dynamite.<br /><br />4. What is the best thing about your life right now? <br /><br />My bride of 22 years (this Saturday) is just as hot as the day we met, 22 years & six months ago.<br /><br />5. If you had to choose between being a stand up comic or singing in a band, what would you choose?<br /><br />Singer.<br /><br />6. What is one talent most people here don’t know that you have?<br /><br />I got a knack for taking stuff apart and putting it back together so that it works usually, if I can get the right tools.<br /><br />7. Did you make it all the way to midnight New Year's Eve?<br /><br />yep, at a "party for two"<br /><br />8. Do you believe in life on other planets?<br /><br />I think the odds favor it.<br /><br />9. Favorite U.S. or World Landmark?<br /><br />Manhatten Island<br /><br />10. What would you consider the greatest invention in the last 50 years? <br /><br />the semiconductor<br /><br />

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

1. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you? - Yeah Right! I'm supposed to pick one?! I guess, when a high school freshman I was starting at safety on the varsity squad.. 1st game of the year, 1st play of the game I got burned over-head for a TD pass.. got a nice picture in the paper of it to boot.<br /><br />2. What was the funniest thing either you or one of your kids has done? - No kids so, I bear the burden here.. ya had to be there to appreciate it.<br /><br />3. Describe three things you like about yourself. - my calm temper, I'm laid back and happy.. well, sort of, damn it!<br /><br />4. What is the best thing about your life right now? - Ironicly, probably best and worst is being single.<br /><br />5. If you had to choose between being a stand up comic or singing in a band, what would you choose? - Move over Mick Jagger!!<br /><br />6. What is one talent most people here don’t know that you have? - 'Life Art'<br /><br />7. Did you make it all the way to midnight New Year's Eve? - I punished my liver 'til 5am.<br /> <br />8. Do you believe in life on other planets? - Heck, there are times I doubt about life here on earth!<br /><br />9. Favorite U.S. or World Landmark? - The Leinenkugel's Brewery of Chippewa Falls, WI.<br /><br />10. What would you consider the greatest invention in the last 50 years? - Berkley's FireLine.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

1. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you? Hooked myself in the arse trying to cast a rat-l-trap.... :eek: <br /><br />2. What was the funniest thing either you or one of your kids has done? Fishing with my bud.. He had me laughing so hard I staggered backward right off the bow of the flats boat and fell in the drink...<br /><br />3. Describe three things you like about yourself. Single.. Sober.. On time.. <br /><br />4. What is the best thing about your life right now? Clean water to drink, food to eat, a roof over head, and the lights are on..<br /><br />5. If you had to choose between being a stand up comic or singing in a band, what would you choose?<br /> " As long as i'm singin', the worlds alright and everything's SWINGIN', long as i'm singin' my song" <br /><br />6. What is one talent most people here don’t know that you have? I was one heck of a good kneeboarder, before I quit..<br /><br />7. Did you make it all the way to midnight New Year's Eve? Yup..<br /><br />8. Do you believe in life on other planets? Yup..<br /><br />9. Favorite U.S. or World Landmark? So many, it's hard to choose..<br /><br />10. What would you consider the greatest invention in the last 50 years? The Fender Stratocaster..