web spelling.. why re-invent the 's ..??

crab bait

Captain
what's this new 's..?? an sometimes plain-o-S -es..<br /><br />all these dark arrow pointers thingy's an stuff an even a trade mark symbol.. <br /><br />what's up.. an why.. an were is it on my keyboard ..

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
Re: web spelling.. why re-invent the 's ..??

Hey Crabby, just exactly what in tarnation are you talkin about? Maybe do a cut and paste so's we can see whatever it is?

ndemge

Commander

Slowly, put down the crack pipe and walk away from the keyboard'ses

crab bait

Captain

yeah, i only have web-tv.. can't cut an paste..<br /><br />on alot sites ,like msn news.. were ever there is an apostophy s.. instead of 's,, a symbol/character with a big soild arrow with a smaller soild arrow surrounding it an with a tm ( trade mark ) beside it.. <br /><br />you'll see it oneday an you'll know..

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

should someone local go check on him? Maybe someone's pumping gas into his ventilation.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> yeah, i only have web-tv.. can't cut an paste..<br /><br />on alot sites ,like msn news.. were ever there is an apostophy s.. instead of 's,, a symbol/character with a big soild arrow with a smaller soild arrow surrounding it an with a tm ( trade mark ) beside it.. <br /><br />you'll see it oneday an you'll know..
Yea you can C&P on webtv.<br />Ctrl&c, Ctrl&a, and Ctrl&v

crab bait

Captain

you guys are goin' to force me to buy a computer .. so i can 'cut & paste' an show you's what i mean..

rwise

Captain

& r e g (no spaces) in html code gives you the trademark &reg thingy. click view then source on the page and you can find how they make them, though this may not work on web tv, never seen one.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Sombody PLEASE give crabby that old 233mmx machine you got sittin in the closet collecting dust. This man has suffered enough with web-tv!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Yea you can C&P on webtv.<br />Ctrl&c, Ctrl&a, and Ctrl&v
Now the poor fellow is really confused! LOL<br /> :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

This must be what Brother Crabby's talkin' bout..<br /><br />couldn’t <br />It’s <br /> wasn’t <br />you’ll <br /><br />I found these in a thread on Florida sportsman.. I dunno what it is...<br /><br />Anyone?... :confused:

crab bait

Captain

E X A C T L Y ...!! <br /><br />THANKS SNAPPER.. I OWE YOU BIGTIME..!!<br /><br />now what da heck is it.?? an why da heck is it..??

D

DJ

Good Lord! What the heck is that? Am I computer illiterate?

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> This must be what Brother Crabby's talkin' bout..<br /><br />couldn’t <br />It’s <br /> wasn’t <br />you’ll <br /><br />I found these in a thread on Florida sportsman.. I dunno what it is...<br /><br />Anyone?... :confused:
those are trademarks.<br />Can't you read??????????<br />and I repeat what Noel said! :D

crab bait

Captain

yeah duh,, i can read .. but still don't read no sense in it..

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Its Greek to me!!!<br /><br /> :confused: :confused: :confused:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

No! I will not put down the crack pipe...<br /> :D <br /><br /> But what is it a trademark of/to/from?....<br /><br />Here's an example for ya non-crack smokin nay-sayers, quoted from a thread on Florida Sportsman southeast forum <br /><br /><br />"You can catch ciguatera from any large predatory reef fish. I caught it two years ago from eating a large black grouper in the Bahamas. There were actually 14 of us that got it at the same time off the same fish. It’s basically like food poisoning. If you eat a lot of reef fish you may have caught it before and not realized what you had. When I wasn’t on the toilet I was sleeping. Took me about 24 hours to shake it but I did have lasting effects for months such as cold beers feeling so could you couldn’t hold on them bare handed. My feet would also start to itch when I consumed alcohol. It eventually went away although the toxin is currently residing in my liver and I hear if I ever get dosed again it can be twice as worse. Needless to say I am a bit weary of eating any large predatory reef fish and that includes hog fish and snapper.<br />I always find it amusing when a guy bashes another guy for catching and keeping fish he may not see any value in. These same guys would go out every day if they could and limit out on nasty kings but they’ll criticize someone for doing the same thing on another species. Most parts of the world there is no such thing as catch and release. When you have a population in extreme poverty you’ll eat anything."<br /><br />It's there several times in that quote... ’ What the cat-hair is it?..... I Googled ’ and got a whole bunch of jibberish....<br /> :confused:

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Spinner's little friends taking over the internet?

crab bait

Captain

SNAPPER.. how'^* did you type that character..??.. since it'*^ not cut & paste