Web Site Help Needed

gonfishn

Commander
Can any of you folks help me get a web site together? I have alot of Amish products that I am going to offer on my Web page..<br /><br />Need to get this up and running as soon as possible..Spinner is going to be the one running my web page>>OMG as LF would say..<br /><br />Just remember Spinner that picture of me is not to be included as a for sale item.. :D <br /><br />Some have told me it can get pretty expensive in setting one up..Doesn't matter to me on the cost side..I want a first rate web page.. Already have a design for the front page in mind..<br /><br />On top of paying for the web Page, I will fly ya up to the Homestaed for a week of fishn next year..Of course you will have to put up with Neaumanns,Euolarva,Birddog and a few others..BTw the out house is in need of a redue..The bright yellow with the purple poka dots is starting to fade..The purty pink on the inside is still ok..

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Web Site Help Needed

Man, I wish I was more adept at web page design, I would take up that offer. But, alas, I am only a duffer and would not be able to give you the professional look that you wanted. It is with deep regret that I must decline your offer.<br /><br />But if you put me up at a Holiday Inn, I may be able to do what you would want!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Damn GF,<br />Wish you would have said sumpin sooner!!!<br />I am back in AK now. I could have given you some tips to get started!!<br /><br />Alas, as aspeck said, I am a duffer. I could get the basic webpage up and going, but I am not good with java and asp right yet.<br /><br />I'm learnin tho!!<br /> :) <br /><br />Do you have the pics of products available? I could at least get you started.<br />And you don't even have to fly me to Homestead :) <br /><br />AK Chappy

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

E-mail this guy. He is my brother in-law. He is awsome at this stuff. He sets them up and monitors them from the backside to take care of any(and I mean any) problems that may arise. His work is top of the line. Worth a try<br />john@hostingdfw.com

FSHKPR

Ensign

sorry jeff same here i can put a basic page together and it will look nice. but i just dont have that deep sense of design. and have only scratched the surface when it comes to java ect.<br />wish i could help.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Jeff,<br /><br />Depending on where you set up your web page, you can easily create a store front with the service hosting your website.<br /><br />Here is a site that I set up for a friend. This site is only in demo mode since he never finished giving me prices, items, etc.<br /><br /> http://badboysdieseltoys.com/catalog/ <br /><br />You can add items to the shopping cart but don't click on any submit to buy because it will send him an email. You can set up different payment options, shipping cost/options, etc. With a little help, you can probably set this up by yourself with minimal knowledge and save you some $$$.<br /><br />This page was set up with tools from the web hosting service.<br /><br />If you want more info, send me an email and I'll give you my number and we can talk. I don't have the time to personally create it, but I can probably give you some advise to move forward.<br /><br />I've set up about 10 websites and currently maintain 3.

dolluper

Captain

Adobe has nice software to set up your on site grafics included about 500.00 clams

Ralph 123

Captain

The key to selling on-line is generating traffic (visitors) to your web site. That isn't easy. It takes good search engine "placement" and advertising for an independent site.<br /><br />The cheapest and easiest way to generate traffic and sales is to start by creating a store on eBay and then using some auctions to drive visitors. It is cheap and easy.<br /><br />If you start doing well on eBay then you can consider your own independent web site.<br /><br />SBN, email me if you want to discuss...

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Hello Ralph!!!<br />Haven't heard from ya in a while!!! Miss your post!!! ;) :cool: <br />Sorry if i hi jacked!!!

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

You can start with some pretty basic Site Tools in Microsoft Front Page. It also is very easy to publish from there, once you have a hosting service and your login and password information. That is how I started, and I still use it to build some of the simple ones.

Ralph 123

Captain

Hi Fly Rod! <br /><br />SBN, running out to a meeting now. Will be in touch later today (I should be back around 4 est.)

gonfishn

Commander

Thank for the advice guys..SBN is going to show some on ebay until I get my web site going..In the beginning I will be offering 50 different Amish Made items that my My amish craftsman make. There will be over 100 products that will be offered in time...<br /><br />Furniture will not be promoted on web site in the beginning but my number will be available if one wants to go to a different web page to show that part of my business..If in the future if you have a picture of some type of special furniture you really like let me know and they can make it..<br /><br />Let Spinner know if your an iboat member and he will take 10% off anything you order..Good friends even more..Those who think I am a pain just add 10%..lol<br /><br /><br />To be honest with ya I just don't have the time to develope a web page myself..Would rather pay someone to get it up and running...Spinner is going to be my go to guy..So i am sure he will be contacting those who are interested..Been a long time Ralph ..Glad to see your post..<br /><br />This is what makes iboats the best around..<br /><br /><br /> :D