waxing engine

nhtrax

Seaman Apprentice
It says in my manual to wax the engine, my engine is a 96 50hp it is in great shape and quite handsome to look at but i'm guessing the waxing has more to do with water repelant does any one else wax the motor :redface:

Rick.

Captain
Re: waxing engine

Ya, but I'm embarrassed to admit it. My motto is " If it don't go , show it". LOL Rick.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Ours gets a turtle wax at each end of the season.
24 years old and still looking almost as good as new. Not afraid to admit it.

Attachments

• Harley May 08 004.jpg
    Harley May 08 004.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Harley May 08 008.jpg
    Harley May 08 008.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I wax mine too. Might as well keep them looking as good as you can for as long as you can.. I'm not sure why a person wouldn't wax it. I wax the boat too. Same principle......

AndyD

Seaman Apprentice

You will get pretty good results if you use a cleaner wax. I use Meguiars products on my cars and boat. They have a product for just about anything, from compounds to to glazes, waxes and synthetics. I used the cleaner wax on my motor and got real nice results, and the water does bead real nice also.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I use the same wax. Does an excellent job. Took care of some oxidation and put on a nice shine....

nhtrax

Seaman Apprentice

I just bought a turtle wax spray but i did see that marinques product thanks everyone shine em up:cool:

AndyD

Seaman Apprentice

Here's the link to Meguiars Marine Line of products although you would want to use an Auto Wax on your motor. BTW I have a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher like many professional detailers use I use it on my cars, and the boat and with the right products you will get awesome results not to mention that it goes much faster.