Wavin a hand !!!

Sagabu

Seaman Apprentice
High all !<br /> My name is Brian King and I have been a fan of boats for 30+ years.<br /> I feel they are a vital part of my sanity and keep me feeling young.<br /> I have 4 boats at present. <br /> One is a 76 Sleekcraft 24' Executive w/455 Olds, Jacuzzi pump, and cuddy. This is one sexy boat on the water, but in the midst of restoration. <br /> Another is an open bow 82 Baja 190 w/a built 460 Ford, Berkley, "B" impeller, and fresh interior directly from Baja just up the road from me.<br /> 3rd is a 79 open bow 17' Galaxie that Im gearing up to repower w/a 300+hp Mercruiser (project sleeper). This is my first Mercruiser effort.<br /> Finally, a 94 Fantasy F-13 w/a 65hp Mercury O/B that only seats two and is a blast on calm daze.<br /> I pull them behind my 94 Lightning F-150.<br /> Im no stranger to high performance machines as I have several including a 77 Cleveland powered Granada (12 second 1/4 mile car) and drive a 96 Taurus SHO customized to my likings daily.<br /> Im primarily all Ford w/exeption of my two GM powered boats and 96 Jeep that I use when two boats are going to the lake.<br /> I have a daugter in colleage and a son in high school from the same woman of 21 years.<br /> I just turned 38 and from the first experience on the water as a child, have been hooked.<br /> My uncle owned a 77 Saber-Jet Ambasodor then w/454 that looked nearly identicle to the Sleekcraft I now have.<br /> I have found that nothing will bring a family closer than boating short of dinner together at the table wich is actualy tougher to do IMHO.<br /> Ill try to be an asset to the forum and offer only tested opinions.<br /> Im old school when it comes to basic mechanics.<br /> Just thought I would wave a hand. :cool: <br /> You can see some of the stuff I do at www.megafilehosting.com/theebayking/shopainteddone <br /> My boats are not loaded there yet, but a few of my cars are. Feel free to browse through the directory and use the next icon to the right for more pics .

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Wavin a hand !!!

Wavin hand back at ya ! Welcome to Iboats.<br /><br />Sorry to hear about your Ford problem. ;) :p <br />I'm sure with that boat your puttin the 5.7 in, you will come around :D

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

So I take it you have a wall full of Class Winner stickers from LaRue? ;) <br /><br />What side of Marion? <br /><br />I am about 15 miles south of The Popcorn City....

8AteEight

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Don S: Grrrrrr!!!, them Ferds are the shizzle!!!<br /><br />Sagabu: welcome.

Sagabu

Seaman Apprentice

No time for drag racing these daze. I pulled the Granada apart a month ago to have it painted so I can show it next year. <br /> When I go to the track its mainly for test and tune night, so I can run the crap out of it over and over for 15$. Its primarily a "Street Machine" .<br /> I live on the south west side near the center of Marion. <br /> What lake do you frequent and w/what kinda boat?<br /> Being located here offers the conveniance of several lakes including Erie.<br /> I use Delaware the most as most of my friends do as well. Although it is very small.<br /> Alumn Creek is a PITA being so close to Columbus and all. It takes about an hour just to get the boat in the water.<br /> Delaware is a great test and tune lake.<br /> I plan to hit the Grand Lake of St. Marys as soon as the bugs in the Baja are worked out.<br /><br />B.King

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Baja 22 Caliber TC .... reworked SBC ;) <br /> Mostly boat @ Erie... go to Pelee (Scudder's)a lot, Kelley's (West Bay), sandbars between Cedar Point and West Harbor.<br />Once in a blue moon we hit Alum, usually spend 99% of the time N of 36/37 in no wake area<br />The problem there is (like Delaware Dam) is there isn't sh!t to do other that raft off or hang out in the coves - no bars, a sh!tty "restraunt", and over run with idiots on lake lice and ragbaggers.<br />At least at Erie I can get away from them.<br />I grew up on Indian Lake and Grand Lake (St. Marys)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do they still have the New Years party at Putin Bay in September ???? Gotta be illegal by now that was back in the 70's :eek: :eek: <br />I couldn't even survive a party like that anymore, but it was sure fun back then. :D :D

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

New year's Eve party, Christmas in July...Halloween, all still going strong....