Waverider Adjustable Absorption

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
Anyone have any experience with these pedestals? I dont like the plastic on the base but wondering if they work. I replaced my pedestal for the helm with a taller one (these) to see over the dashboard and it has improved my ride considerably. Also just replace my cushions in my chair and it feels good. I had shorter pedestals and could not relax my back on the chair while cruising. I always had to set up straight unrelaxed to see over the dash to watch for crab pots and pounding waves would hurt my back so I would just stand and cruise. Now I can set and relax and cruise. The new pedestal is on its lowest setting.
1704972258690.png
1704972319571.png

I was just wondering if anyone experience these pedestals.

Last edited:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Keep in mind........Torque = Force (you) x Length (pedestal height)

Did you do anything to strengthen the area (fiberglass) where the pedestal mounts?
Increasing the height of the chair doubles the amount of torque that could be exerted on the fiberglass base.

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
@dingbat I did not reinforce I will keep an eye on it and probably do an update as I did not fully complete the installation. I had to drill a new 4" access hatch to reach the bolts. I did not place a hatch back in yet so when I bring her back up the way I will do some updates.