Waterproof toggle switches

TopNotch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am replacing push pull switches on my C/C and looking to replace them with toggles.

Who makes the best waterproof toggles?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Waterproof toggle switches

The number of switch vendors is long and which switch is best is a matter of how much money you want to spend. Google or Yahoo search "waterproof toggle switches".

TopNotch

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I rather take 'word of mouth' and experience as assurance of quality. Not simply 'the one that is most expensive is the best'. I hope we all know that's not always the case.

I hit google already, and looking to narrow the choices by your experience. Any help?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

If you want the best switches, then the name brands are the way to go. Hubbell, Honeywell, Ideal, Cole Hersee, and SeaChoice all offer sealed toggle switches. Below is a waterproof cover you can add to most styles of panel mount toggle switches. SeaChoice has a good selection of switches and covers.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4FRL8?BaseItem=1XWT5

Any of these will probably outlast your boat.

http://www.americanyachtsupplies.com/marine-toggle-switches/

TopNotch

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just what I was lookin for! Thanks!

Have you seen the toggles with lighted tips? What do you think about those?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I have them on my pontoon and other than being a novelty, they work ok. After all, a switch is a switch. The only one that needs to lighted, especially if you tend to forget to turn things off, is the MASTER switch. That switch turns off everything so having other switches lighted is rather moot point.

Splat

Lieutenant

I've always liked the contra rocker switches but they are a bit more expensive.

Bill