Water under floor somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpenfield

Staff member
Welcome to iBoats . . .

This Aquasport you mean?
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.18.17 AM.png

Certainly possible that you have water lurking in the hull structure. Full inboards (v-drives?) ??? :unsure:

About how many inches is the boat off to starboard at the waterline? Is there any gear that you can you can move to the port side to try to balance the boat.

How old is this boat? How long have you owned it? Has it always been like this . . . or is it a recent occurrence?

I think your best bet is to hire a Marine Surveyor with an IR Camera and have them inspect the boat for moisture/water retention. The boat will certainly want to be out of the water for this inspection though. I doubt you will find much on your own.

Last edited:

mr 88

Commander
As far as the boat pulling one way or another , the rudders are joined together with a "tie rod " that can be adjusted. Every inboard boat I know of requires them to be adjusted so there's maybe a 1/2" of toe out on each side . Try Googling it . I suspect for some reason your rudders are not aligned properly. As far as water in the hull goes these boat all have limber holes in just about every compartment that allows any trapped water to end up in the bilge , forward .mid-ship or in the stern where the bilge pumps take care of it. Solid core hull bottom so no water in the hull , not sure about the sides but if there was a bit of intrusion it wouldn't be enough to make the boat list in that size setup. Listing could be any number of reasons from there was a generator in it that was removed to water holding tanks being empty or full on one side or the other too having two full tanks and one having more fuel than the other. The engines are mounted more mid-ship than other modes of drive , so when accelerating you are not going to get a ton of bow lift. The tabs are more for leveling port stern angle , keeping bow down at low speeds or when you want to use your deep V in the bow to break larger waves .

Status
Not open for further replies.