Water temp sender on DT-85 ???

bowhuntrrl

Petty Officer 1st Class
I would like to install a water temp gauge on my DT-85. Is there any place on these motors where I could install a sender or do I need to custom fabricate a mount into the thermostat cover ???

hopalong

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Water temp sender on DT-85 ???

Teleflex has a gage/sender kit that uses a Z bar to attach the sender to and the Z bar bolts under a head bolt. Cost is about $50. I put one on my 140 and works great.

hopalong

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is what the teleflex sensor looks like on my 87 140. Note the location IS in the water passage and close to the piston/spark plug. I had to grind the teleflex added optional aluminum disc to fit the contour of the angle of the dome head. The sensor tip is tighten against the small diec for good head heat transfer. It was easy install.
The temperature gage is accurate as one could be. Just follow the instructions. If you need help figuring the wiring pm me.

If you note in the pics, their is a small plug that would be adequate for a water pressure gage, I did not want to risk the chance of breakoff of the plug , so I decided on the temperature gage.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/plsmswain/album/576460762405122196

bowhuntrrl

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hopalong, the link to the picture doesn't work. Thanks.