water separator

Im having my carb rebuilt and the mechanic doing the job mentioned that I might be getting water in the carb, so Im left wondering would my 89 wellcraft 3.7 165 come stock with a water separator or are they installed after market. Im on the road a lot and dont have access to the boat right now.<br /> If I need to install one is it put between the tank and pump or pump and carb?<br /><br /> Thanks in advance Cat

tommays

Admiral
Re: water separator

before the pump the only hard thing is a good place to mount it for filter changes<br /><br />tommays

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: water separator

Yes, the water seperating fuel filters are aftermarket items on your engine, and as Tom mentioned it goes between the tank and the fuel pump. <br />There is also a ceramic filter in the fuel pump that should be checked and replaced if necessary since you don't have a fuel filter (item #20 in picture)<br />Another note, if your boat actually does have a waterseperating fuel filter already installed, and there is a "LOT" of water in it, it will overflow into the carb. If that is the case, you really need to get the water pumped out of the tank.