Water recirculation pump removal 3.0lx

Bayliner1952

Seaman
1995 bayliner capri 1952 3.0lx alpha one gen II

Am I'm missing something here? I'm haveing a difficult time removing this pump. First off, I got the 4 bolts out holding the pulley, but cannot pull it out because of the front motor mount bracket.

Second I removed 3 bolts holding the pump to the block. I cannot get to the lower bolt. A) because it is a rusted nub. B) this darn pulley is in the way.

My question is, do I need to remove the motor mounting bracket to access the water pump?!
Thanks,
Nate

TunaFish389

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think your answering your own question. If its in the way you will at least have to move it till you have access. This doesn't doesn't always mean a complete removal. I have to lift my motor away from front mounts to get a belt weaved through.

Bayliner1952

Seaman
Thanks for the reply, I'm about to cut the pump shaft with an angle grinder so I can atleast see this 4th bolt

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,....... Saltwater motor, eh,..??

The head is rusted off the bolt,.....

Pull the motor, so you can work on it,.....

Why ya changin' the circulatin' water pump,..?? they usually last the life of the motor,..... oh, ya, saltwater motor,.....

Bayliner1952

Seaman
It has a nasty bearing rattle, and leaks water. Looks like I'm going to have to become familiar with pulling the motor. Havent had to do that for any repairs yet. I can just pull the block for the belt replacement, and access everything else so far.
well, first time for everything