Water pump

darboat

Cadet
Hi All<br />Could some out there help me out. I have a Evinrude 1970 25 hp Sportster I just got it. I started it up and I don't see any water come out of the lower unit is there suppost to be a spray or a stream of water coming out some place. How do I know if my water pump is working.<br /><br /> darboat

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water pump

Not familiar with your motor, but...<br />I would suggest you go to the Evinrude forum page, then post the question there.<br /><br />This page is for Force motors, and doesn't get very many readers. Many many more readers on the Evinrude forum page.<br /><br />Good Luck.

phatmanmike

Captain

your motor does not have the standard " pee hole" all youll get is some light spray outa the back of the motor, just under the cowl hood, from your exhaust ports. <br /><br />if your running in a bucket, youll get more water than if you run it on the muffs since the exhaust from the prop will be submerged, forcing it to send its back pressure out the exhaust ports, seeing as to thats what they are for anyways.<br /><br />and why did you post this in the force section anyways?

darboat

Cadet

Sorry about that I'm new to forum. I just got a little turn around. I did't know that each outboard had there section. Thank for info<br /><br /> darboat