WATER PUMP

darboat

Cadet
Hi All<br />Could some out there help me out. I have a Evinrude 1970 25 hp Sportster I just got it. I started it up and I don't see any water come out of the lower unit is there suppost to be a spray or a stream of water coming out some place. How do I know if my water pump is working.<br /><br />darboat

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: WATER PUMP

You should get a mist from the exhaust relief holes on the upper rear part of the mid section (below the powerhead)if running on the muffs. In the water and running at higher rpm the water should flow out of these holes. Good practice is to replace the water pump if the engine is new to you - do t-stats as well.

Also check and make sure there is nothing blocking this hole. I found a mud dobber nest inside my motor cover that was blocking my stream from coming out. I bought it and it had sat for about 6 months. If this is about the same as yours you might check this.

MYTJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Remember to obtain a repair manual for your boat motor. The guy's here always suggest one if your going to service your motor yourself.