Water pump rebuilding kit

crgross1

Cadet
I have a service manual for this 150HP Merc but in spite of Mercury recommending installing this kit annually the service manual doesn't contain any detailed instructions for the installation of this kit.<br />Anyone know of a souce for this information ?

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Water pump rebuilding kit

That sounds more like an owners manual than a service manual. A service manual (preferably a factory manual) will give those instructions. Clymer and Seloc manuals are some other choices. Check manuals at the top of the page.

crgross1

Cadet

No its not an owners manual it is a 2" thick service manual for the specific serial number of the engine.<br />The only water pump info is a brief comment about checking the impeller in the lower unit section.<br />Is this info in some other obscure place in the manual ?

timmathis

Lieutenant

Some manuals don't cover lot's of things well.

crgross1

Cadet

Some helpful response:<br />" Some manuals don't cover lot's of things well."<br />It's a manufacturer service manual Tim !!!!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

whats the number of the manual you have ?

kchunn

Cadet

Rich, try this: Go over to the BBC website homepage(BassBoatCentral). In the left hand column click on "Sherm's Tips". It should go right to "water pump replacement". It gives step by step instructions. I used it to replace the water pump in my '91 Mariner 175 and had no problems. Good luck,<br />Kenny