water pump not pumping

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I have used an adapter and hydraulic puller to remove lower unit.-----But are you sure all the bolts are out ?

hamcatfish

Cadet
I have used an adapter and hydraulic puller to remove lower unit.-----But are you sure all the bolts are out ?
unless there is hidden bolts i cannot find, i do..dont have a factory service manual to go by.,, i am trying to pull power head,,not the lower unit

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Need to explain in more detail I guess.-----If driveshaft spline is rusted into the crank you may need a small atomic bomb to remove power head.-----So if lower unit comes off , that possibility is eliminated.-----Good luck with your project.

hamcatfish

Cadet
Need to explain in more detail I guess.-----If driveshaft spline is rusted into the crank you may need a small atomic bomb to remove power head.-----So if lower unit comes off , that possibility is eliminated.-----Good luck with your project.
thank for ideals, but yes lower unit is off,, power head will not move,,all bolts i can find are out

hamcatfish

Cadet
after 8 weeks, 8 to 10 hours a day,, time to take a break, rest my mind and body, im 71. been going at it like i was 50. be back later when i feel like im 60. I will get it done. Lake has dried up anyway from the drought .

hamcatfish

Cadet
I finally got it fixed,, the power head was full of corrosion. hooked up pump to a barrel full of vinagar, ran for a week, now it flows freely. so now i can get it put back together,,.. thanks for all the input. ITS ON THE WATER!!

hamcatfish

Cadet
after 8 weeks, 8 to 10 hours a day,, time to take a break, rest my mind and body, im 71. been going at it like i was 50. be back later when i feel like im 60. I will get it done. Lake has dried up anyway from the drought .
got it all cleaned and apart. thanks for input

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
got it all cleaned and apart. thanks for input
glad to hear it.my johnson 150 2000 used to quit peeing in shallow water, sand would plug up passages. i would pull tstats, start it up and this would flush motor.i also has a lower unit that i bought used,some folded rubber boot when they change water pump,and overheat their motor, thats how i got it used,but it didnt move water so pulled it and took it home to fix it.i now run a temp gauge on all my out boards,dont wait for the alarm.once it hits about 165-170 degrees i know i picked up sand,i stop and flush it takes about 10 minutes to pull tstats and flush,