Water Pump kit & sea kit part numbers

BuzzM

Seaman
I need to replace the water impellor, so I need the mercruiser part numbers for the kit and the outdive seals when I put it back together.
It is a 1983 Mercruiser 260 /350 with a pre-alpha drive or "R" ( I think ). The top cap has a loop or hole that I suppose was to be used for lifting. The serial
number is 6817160.
I think I remember reading in this forum that the pre-alpha & alpha 1 pumps are different. I will be doing this for the first time, and it is difficult to get correct parts out here.
Thanks for any assistance.
Jim

freelunch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Water Pump kit & sea kit part numbers

hey im not completely sure, and im sure someone here can tell you as well. But you could always call boaters world or west marine and they could tell you.

wcsparky05

Petty Officer 1st Class

don't call west marine!! they are good at selling rope and ski jax, not engine parts!!! they are not grease monkeys to say the least! they will sell you the wrong parts according to their computers. find an eagle marine or a real engine repair shop! they really know engines! tried and tested. i don't know if they're local to you, though. and buy your book. if you are somewhat mechanically inclined and have the seloc manual, you can do just about any repair, with iboats as backup!! good luck!!

wcsparky05

Petty Officer 1st Class

hey im not completely sure, and im sure someone here can tell you as well. But you could always call boaters world or west marine and they could tell you.

love the name!!!