Water PSI problems ...

ROBBIE LEE

Recruit
Hi guys
I need some help !
I have a 5.0 L mpi merc 2004, my raw water pump on intake is full of bubbles and my water psi is only 1.2 psi. What should my water psi be and were is air coming from its sucking my intake pipe in .cheers by the way it's a bravo 3 leg.

45Auto

Commander
Re: Water PSI problems ...

Water pressure on my B3 runs about 3 PSI at idle and 12-15 when I'm cruising.

When you say the intake pipe is sucking in, do you mean that it's collapsing?

What intake pipe is it sucking in, the one that goes from the transom to the pump or the one that goes from the outdrive to the transom?

Sounds like it must be clogged somewhere (to cause it to suck in), with a cracked hose or loose fitting between the clog and the pump allowing it to suck in air.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do you have a thru hull fitting for water pickup, or does it pickup thru the drive....... Or both.
I have seen them done all three ways. Only you can tell us which you have. The thru hull pickups are not a Mercruiser part.
If a thru hull fitting and a sea strainer is installed, it could be a leaking oring or seal around the cleanout.

ROBBIE LEE

Recruit

Hi There
The Hoes From The Transom To Water Pump Sucks In And I Have Lots Of Air Bubbles In The Pipe .the Water Picks Up From The Holes In Bottom Of Leg I Have Removed My Leg Today And Found Gasket Was Very Correded Were The Water Intake And The Exhaut Out Let Is Do You Think It Coulb Be Sucking Exhaut Gases In
Cheers
Yo Yo