Water Pressure Gauge

qapd

Seaman Apprentice
1998 Johnson Ocean Pro,<br />I am installing a water pressure gauge. Where do I tap into the water system?<br /><br />qapd

Re: Water Pressure Gauge

I'm not going to be much help with this, but I'm looking at a boat with a 200 Ocean Pro that has a water pressure guage. It's installed inline on a crossover hose, not tapped into the block. I thought it was strange. The owner says his mechanic checked it out and couldn't find a tap into the block to use. The gauge works fine, but the pressure reading is lower than what you'd expect. Let me know if you find a factory tap and I'll do the same if I find one.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

On a 90 degree looper the gauge reads pressure from the incoming side of the system. On the adaptor plate (what the powerhead sits on and is bolted to) there are 2 small allen head plugs that go into the water system. On the starboard side, just below and in back of the throttle arm is one. The other is forward of that one. Put your fitting there.<br /><br />It will help if you remove the starboard lower pan. Very simple and easy. It really helps although you dont have to.

qapd

Seaman Apprentice

Dhadley,<br /><br />This is a 1998 Johnson 60 degree 150 non-fitch. Would these plugs also be in the same location? A picture is worth 1000 words.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />qapd

walleyehed

Admiral

Same place...by looper, he's reffering to the same engine you are.<br />The cover to remove is the pieces below the pan in which the upper cowl sets. Right behind that location is where the engine mounts to the adaptor, which sets on the mid-section....2 separate seems. In that middle adaptor there will be the 2 allen head plugs he refers to....you want your pressure fitting in the fwd most plug.

kirkland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1991 70hp where would you tap in here...?????