water pressure gauge

Fishin4fun

Seaman
I just installed the water pressure gauge on my 115 hp I6. I installed a t connecton about 4 inches up from the tell tail. I am barely, if at all getting a reading on my gauge though. SHould I plug off the tell tail to get pressure? The T connector is fairly large as the hose is fairly large that runs to the tell tail, (about same size as the fuel line) With it having to be down sized in order to go onto the water pressure gauge hose. Did I hook it up wrong?

kenneymc

Seaman Apprentice
Re: water pressure gauge

I have same motor, although my gauge does not work. I just bought it and I am sure it is the gauge though. Anyhow, my waterline from the tee to the gauge is only about the size of a pencil, maybe just a little bit bigger.

schaiss

Seaman

The gage should be teed into the hose coming off the top of the engine. This hose is routed to the<br />poppet valve that controls cooling water pressure at high RPM's.

kenneymc

Seaman Apprentice

Well mine is not like that, but who knows what was done to it before i got it.<br /><br />on the rear of the motor near sparkplugs is a tee. one side of the tee has a hose for the tell/tale. other side of the tee is a long hose that runs from the tee to the pressure gauge. the SELOC manual i have does not get in to this stuff though.

katbird

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't know what year your motor is but my 115 is a 76 model. my motor does not have a thermostat or poppet valve. mine adapts at the same place as your motor right at the # 4 plug with a tee. the plastic tube going to my gauge is only 1/8" dia. the hose going to the tale-tell is 1/4". My gauge doesn't read either unless it is rev'ed up and then it only reads 5 lbs. of pressure which is normal. I have a strong stream of water comming out of the tale-tell at idle,the more you rev it the stronger it gets.the gauge is hooked to water but is driven by air going to the gauge pushed by water. water should not reach the gauge just air.

kenneymc

Seaman Apprentice

mine is a 76 model 115 hp I6 as well. I agree with you Ron. Thanks for helping clarify.