Water pressure gauge hook up

bearhollowman

Recruit
Hello, I have a 2001 Evinrude Ficht 115, I need to know where to connect a water pressure gauge on the motor. I have purchased a new gauge off of e-bay that has everything but connection instructions. Is there a plug to be removed from the engine block, or a hose that has to be spliced ? This motor is on a 2000 Ranger R71....Thanks :)

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Water pressure gauge hook up

Good evening Rangerman.I bought a Teleflex gauge kit couple weeks ago.It said to splice or tee into pee hole line.I dont know if it matters,but some say to not use pee hole,just connect gauge in place of pee hole.Teleflex Says tee into it and leave pee hole open.It might be its a steam vent for the heads.But ither way the gauge will work.

bearhollowman

Recruit

James, Thanks for the reply.....The size of the hose going to the pee hole is 5/8-3/4". I looked at that option first. I have searched the engine over and can't find water hoses, only fuel and oil lines. I did find a plugged hole on top of the block, right above where the temperature sensor screws into the block....

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Keep in mind that with crossflows you T into the indicator line. With loopers you read direct pressure.