Water pocket cover rubber seal

Bass-by-you

Seaman
First timer tearing down and servicing an alpha 1. On lower unit a water line goes up into the gear housing and slips into a rubber seal. This rubber seal is about 3/4" high, 3/4" diameter and about 1/4" wall thickness. Manual #6 (driveshaft housing- 3A-23) calls the item simply a rubber seal with an all important alingment embossment on the side of it. I have looked all over the exploded drawings on iboats and have just not been able to find it. I just need the part number so I can order one.

Thanks guys

Bass-by-you

Seaman
Re: Water pocket cover rubber seal

Bond-o....thanks for the reply. Do you know if this part has the embossed nipple on the side of it. Hard to tell from the exploded view.

Thanks much

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... The picture is of a Gen.II....
Parts are ordered by Serial #s...

ErieRon

Chief Petty Officer

Try this P.N.; 26-36557

You still really don't know what year drive you have, right? That P.N. is for an Alpha on a 1982 model 898:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 26-36557.jpg
    26-36557.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 0

Bass-by-you

Seaman

ErieRon..thanks for the reply. I have confirmed that I have a 1984 898 but I do not know how to confirm the model year of the alpha. I have reviewed the service manuals for the alpha 1s and they appear to match my unit? The pic you posted is exactly the piece I was looking for and I will order that part.

Thanks to both you and Don for your help.

Bass-by-you

Seaman

Thank ya much...just looked it over...my unit is the '84 model outdrive....that's a big help!

Bass-by-you

Seaman

Sorry Bond-o....mulitasking here and got crossed up.:redface:

ErieRon

Chief Petty Officer

Uh-oh...a little free advice rivalry...:D