water out put not good( i am in deep doo!)

sterling66

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought 7.5 rude water not coming out very much, should there be a steady stream?Motor got a little hot .Water was coming out small sprits on low idle,a little faster at higher speed.But not much. :( Heres the deal brought last night checked water out put not bad. Went to start today and cominng out in sprits,some steam on low idle.The guy that i bought it off, change impeller last year,and leg oil.Iam thinking i must take a look at impeller?I think i can do this with a little help from you fellows.Thanks :(

sterling66

Seaman Apprentice
Re: water out put not good( i am in deep doo!)

Need your help before my old lady finds out !!!!!!!!!!!

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

Define "a little hot".<br /> :)

sterling66

Seaman Apprentice

Burn your finger if you touch base were spark plug enters block.

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

Define old lady. :D <br /><br />That spark plug area can be hot. If you can't hold your hand to the side of the cylinder it's too hot. Time? A few seconds at least.<br />Can you smell burnt paint you are in trouble.<br /><br />I have a '65 6HP Johnson similar to your 7.5. Seems like your description will go for mine to. Maybe a little more than "small sprits on low idle,a little faster at higher speed", maybe not.

sterling66

Seaman Apprentice

I hope it did not get too hot.I must get this fixed old lady will kill me .Please help me take this apart.

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

You might want to save and print this image. I will probably delete it tomorrow. Hope it helps. remove lower unit and check Impeller!! <br /><br />Lower Unit removal

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

You really need Manuals for your different Motors. Maybe the Wife will buy you some for Christmas!!?? Good Luck on the Pump!!

sterling66

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys ,I will get man. Thanks for all your help much app. Feel like an idot ,its a nice motor has been looked after .Just dont think there is much water coming out.

sterling66

Seaman Apprentice

I got the impeller out found some small bits of what looks like parts of the old one.Impeller looks good, but the chamber that goes to the steel tube up to block looks like it has something stuck in it ? :(

sterling66

Seaman Apprentice

If old bits of impeller get up this tube,What will be the result?

sterling66

Seaman Apprentice

Iam wondering if my motor got to hot, bottom cyl,were spark plug goes in, has slight discoloration,Should I be worried about this?

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Without tearing down the powerhead u'll never know for sure what damage, if any, was caused. In the meanwhile, check the compression, if good, I would repair the waterpump, re-assemble and use.