Water in the boat (forgot to pull plug)

martin1b

Cadet
I used the boat last year and then put it away. Covered it up with a tarp, etc. However, when I pulled the tarp off the other day, I noticed a bunch of water in it. Possibly around 100 gallons or so. The new tarp apparently wasn't that great and started sporting a few small holes. It did rain a lot a few months back but I was supprised to see so much water in it. I forgot to pull the plug.<br /><br />The boat is a Monark 16' fishing boat. Aluminum with a carpet floor. The seats weren't under water but some of the wood that is part of the storage panel and dash was partially. Most of the carpet floorboard was under water.<br /><br />I guess I'm most worried about mold and wood rot. I drained it and ran fans in it. It's not super clean but it's better than it was and it's dry. I'm going to leave the tarps off as long as I can to dry it out even more. <br /><br />Any suggestions to make sure I don't get mold or any other problem that may come back to get me?<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />Bill

MarkAce1976

Cadet
Re: Water in the boat (forgot to pull plug)

Go to a boating store and purchase a cleaner called Spray Nine...I found some at boaters world...It helps prevent mold build up...

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Water in the boat (forgot to pull plug)

If you really want to make sure she's dry inside seal her up (plug in)with polythene sheeting and chuck a few dampires in her-periodically checking them and drying them out. Don't leave her in direct sunlight if you do this though, it'll get REALLY hot inside her.