Water in gas

Papa Joe

Cadet
I have somehow gotten water in my 50 gal gas tank. What are some of the best additive products you have used to remove water? Thanks.

Elk Chaser

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Water in gas

Any additive is better than nothing, a fuel filter water separator is a absolute must if you do not have one installed already. Check the filter for water regularly after running by pouring the fuel into a clear container and the water will separate. Run your tank as close to empty as possible the next few times you fill it and keep checking the filter.

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Water in gas

I would add enough "dry gas", like "HEAT" or any gas drying product as well as adding the separater. <br /><br />If you got that much water I would inspect your vent. You may be getting water there. Otherwise, you most likely got it from where you got gas from. I used to sell merchandise to a large marina. I asked the owner one day why marina gas prices were so much higher than the pump prices on the street. <br /><br />He paid to have his fuel tanks cleaned out monthly to insure he was giving his customer what they paid for... all gas. Said there was nothing worse for his business than a boat being towed back to harbor because of excessive water in the fuel. Some marinas are not as consciensous, yet still charge more.