Water in engine! From where?

Divecaptchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok so here is my delima, I bought this boat with the port motor blown, so I ordered a longblock,and new manifolds and risers. Upon disassembly of the old motor i find LOTS of rust in both ex manifolds, head intake and exhaust ports, and the intake manifold fuel sections, no rust in water sections (BTW it is closed cooling). about 8 of the pushrods are snapped in 1 or more pieces. So I begin to think what caused this? Am I sure i have replaced everything that could have caused this? so i figure it could have been a cracked block, head, or ex manifold, and that is about all i can think of! Does anyone have anything i have not thought of that could have caused this? The only engine part not replaced that has any contact with collant or raw water is the intake manifold!

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water in engine! From where?

So I begin to think what caused this? Am I sure i have replaced everything that could have caused this?
Howdy,

Well, by your description, it was probably riser leaks from leaking gaskets/cracks etc that allowed water into the exhaust area that caused the rust, stuck valves and bent/broken pushrods.....

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Water in engine! From where?

Howdy,

Well, by your description, it was probably riser leaks from leaking gaskets/cracks etc that allowed water into the exhaust area that caused the rust, stuck valves and bent/broken pushrods.....

Ayuh,... And/ or massive amounts of rain water, down the carb....??