Water in bilge

Braggff

Recruit
I have a new 2012 Smokercraft pro bass 171, and the question I have is while moving it does not take on water from bilge, but when I stop and sit (as in loading it on trailer) i'll have to pump bilge out. Pump will run 15+ seconds to pump water out. Is this normal?

series60

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Water in bilge

I have a new 2012 Smokercraft pro bass 171, and the question I have is while moving it does not take on water from bilge, but when I stop and sit (as in loading it on trailer) i'll have to pump bilge out. Pump will run 15+ seconds to pump water out. Is this normal?

Water in the bilge is never normal! Have a look for loose hose clamps on live wells and/or bait tanks.

New boat - take it back to the dealer.

UncleWillie

Captain

Any possibility the water is up forward under the floor where you cannot see it and it runs aft when the bow comes up as you load it on the trailer?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Maybe the transom drain plug is leaking? Water will not come in while underway, but stop and water can come in.

Braggff

Recruit

Any possibility the water is up forward under the floor where you cannot see it and it runs aft when the bow comes up as you load it on the trailer?

Maybe the transom drain plug is leaking? Water will not come in while underway, but stop and water can come in.
No leaks from any plugs, it is coming in from the bilge hole. i'll have to check (as per dealer) to see if the line is "looped" or not.