water coming throught the gamble bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class
88 sunbird 19ft. 4.3 motor omc out drive .i have water coming in the boat at all times .when its running or just sitting ,from what i can tell and see its coming through where the drive shaft goes through the back of the boat.how hard would it be to change the bellows on an omc. out drive ,. i change them on a alfa 1 mercruser. they were a pain ,but i got it done .<br /> thanks again

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: water coming throught the gamble bearing

it's not a big deal, but u obviously have to pull the drive. i would also check the gimbal bearing for rust seeings it got water to it. at any rate grease it good to force the water out.

dhammann

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would take a gimble that gamble is messed up!

brucemac

Recruit

Hi. I'm afraid I don't have any answers for you but I do have a question.<br />I have a 3.0 litre Mercury Alpha I/O with the same problem - water comes into the boat whether it's docked or out running.<br />Sometimes I can see water coming in right close to the drive shaft but a bit to the right and up a bit - is this where you saw water come in?<br />Most of the time, it's not real clear on my boat where the water is coming from but when I have been able to see and hear a trickle, that's where I see it.<br />Thanks.

bobmoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

would it be harder to change the bellows on the omc then the alpha 1?.<br /> thanks <br /> bob moore

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade

never done an alpha. but there's only 1 way ta find out! no special tools needed in any case, which is more than i can say for those **** mercs.

Status
Not open for further replies.