Washington State Governor's Race.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Tomorrow the Washington State Attorney General will certify the results of the Governors race. You may remember that Dino Rossi won the original vote by 261 votes. Then due to the narrow margin and in accordance with Washington State law, a mandatory machine recount was conducted. Even after the state court allowed the Democrats to hand count certain ballots, Dino Rossi prevailed by 42 votes.<br /><br />A third recount can be requested and paid for by either party. The total cost for a statewide hand recount will be approx $750K. It has been speculated that the Democrats would file for a third recount.<br /><br />Now, here is the good part :mad: . First of all, 72% of Washingtonians say that the race has been counted twice and Rossi has fairly won. It gets better.<br /><br />Now the Democrats are saying that they can't afford to recount the whole state. They want to cherry pick the counties that they would like to recount. (naturally the 7 Democratic out of 39 total counties)<br /><br />I can't believe it. These people are dangerous. The party of fairness has absolutely no sense of fair play let alone any respect for the law. They remind me of a bunch of first graders arguing out on the schoolyard.<br /><br />But then again, after Al Gore, why am I surprised!

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Washington State Governor's Race.

It is only natural since her name is Greg"gore"...I think that a lot of emphasis is being placed on this by that party because first, they ARE Democratic, and secondly because she is a woman...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Recounts put people to work, work for people improves their economic situation allowing them to go out and purchase more exciting imported items from hi-tech hot spots like Taiwan, Indonesia, and Kabul. This then filters back to their governments which then is pocketed and shared with world renouned leaders who subsidise groups of terrorists. Gore is just a pin head that started the trend.

lundboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Amen Boomyal, Dino won (twice), lets get on with business. Besides, Gregoire isn't qualified to run a minimart much less the State of WA.

Link

Rear Admiral

And the worse part is that this is all smoke and mirrors and the news people know it but WONT report it. Because they want thier party to win at any cost.<br /><br />Friday all of the news media are going to help spread the lie that the Demon-crats can only afford to pay for certian counties to be counted.<br />Around $750,000.00 (wonder which three)<br /><br />After they manufacture 43 more votes, then the whole state will need to be counted again.<br /><br />At which time the $750,000.00 is given back to Gregoire and her Demoncrate friends and we the people get to pay for it all Again!<br /><br />But I haven't heard this on channel 4, 5 or 7 news??<br />Rant over....

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

The following is C&P'd off of the WA Sec of State website. It says nothing about a third (requested) recount being done selectively. (cherry picking your counties)<br /><br />Tomorrow I will call the Secretary of State's office and find out if the law allows it. I'm sure if it did their FAQ section would have stated it.<br /><br /><br /> Q: What is a requested recount and how does it work?<br /><br />Any candidate or political party officer can request a recount in any race.<br /><br />The request may only be made after the Secretary of State certifies the final returns on December 2, 2004 .<br /><br />To finance the recount, the requesting party must make a deposit with the state in the amount of 15 cents per vote for a machine recount and 25 cents per vote for a manual recount.<br /><br />If 2.8 million people vote in the general election, the cost of the deposit with the state would be $700,000 for a manual recount. The cost of the deposit for a machine recount would be $420,000.<br /><br />If the costs of the recount exceed the amount on deposit, the requesting party is responsible for those costs. By the same token, if the cost is less than the deposit, a refund is made of the difference.<br /><br />If the recount, however, changes the result of the election, the requesting party is entitled to a refund of the deposit and is not responsible for any recount costs.<br /><br />

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Ok, here is the full story according to the Secretary of State's office. <br /><br />The Democrats will be able to pick and choose any precincts or counties to recount by hand. They will pay according to the number of votes in those chosen areas. Sounds pretty bad, but...<br /><br />...the good news is that if the results of that partial count change the outcome of the election, then there will have to be a statewide recount of the same type (hand vs machine) as the Democrats had conducted. Sounds pretty good. The Whiners won't be able to pick and choose favorable areas, make up the necessary votes, then be declared the winner. The bad news is....<br /><br />...the State would then have to pick up the tab for the whole statewide hand recount. I think this stinks. I think I will be calling my State Legislator. It won't make any difference for this round but maybe in the future.