Washington mother eavesdropping update

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer
Ok - found out the skinny.<br /><br />In 1967 the washington state legislature passed a law that says that it is illegal for ANYONE to listen in on ANY conversation without legal approval. <br /><br />LEGALLY the mother was not allowed to listen in to her daughters conversation, wherever it occurred.<br /><br />The reason this issue came up was that the person was convicted based on this phone call, since it was not a taped phone call his lawyer was going on the fact that the conversation was hearsay and then the guys attorney read up on the washington state wiretapping laws and found out it was illegal for the mother to even listen in on the call.<br /><br />The guys attorney said he advised his client not to sue the mother, but they were suing for his release.<br /><br />Later!

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Washington mother eavesdropping update

Slay the Princess, and Save the Dragon. Washington need the PR, Look out California. :eek:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Okay, I'd fight this one all the way to the Supreme Court of the United States. I can not believe that a 16-year old child can legally approve or disapprove, just like they can't enter into a binding contract. Approval is the parents' to give or withhold. I hope the defendant does sue, to give the DA something to fight back on. This law needs to be challenged!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

you guys need to really look into this b4 u get<br />worried...<br />1) it's not illeagal to listen to yur kids phone<br />calls for "parental" reasons, you just can't use<br />it as evidence in a court of law. nothing new<br />here, it's like an illeagal phone tap.<br />2)the police actually went to the mom beforehand<br />and asked her to "keep her eyes and ears open",<br />so she didn't just do this on her own.<br />3)the IDIOT district atty argued that all cell<br />phones and cordless phones can be listened in on<br />cuz they "go through the air"... and the idiot<br />judge accepted this argument. this is what was<br />specifically overturned in the higher court and<br />rightfully so.<br />don't believe the spin the media has put on this!<br />I even caught O'rielly making these same silly<br />accusations a few days back.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Too bad these political brain merchants can't spend their energy on Jobs, lowering tax rates, and making the cities, and country safer. What exactly are we paying for? :mad: