Warning Buzzer Question?

NCUndertaker

Cadet
I have a 2002 Mercury 2 stroke 125hp that has no warning alarm at startup...I have grounded the temperature sensor wire with only a scratchy noise from the buzzer, but no loud alarm. From the best I can tell from my manuals and parts diagrams, the part number is 816051A2 (Horn) and it costs anywhere from 70.00 to 80.00 dollars. Is this the correct part I am looking up? That sounds very expensive for the buzzer I am looking at under my center console.

HONKER1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Warning Buzzer Question?

I have a 115hp Mercury '01 and it also didn't buzz when the key is turned on. After checking, I didn't even have a buzzer. So I purchased a buzzer on Ebay, that they said was for a Mercury motor for $15.00 and now I have a warning buzzer for oil and temperature. I still don't have a buzzer at startup, but I know it works on low oil and heat. If you have power at the buzzer you have now, try a differant buzzer.

NCUndertaker

Cadet
Re: Warning Buzzer Question?

A concern I have is that I read on another post that it is possible to mess something up in the electronics if you don't get the factory buzzer...ie something from Radio Shack might work but mess something else up. Any truth to that?