WANTED: Fishing boat model, preferably Spanish

hollisduncan

Cadet
Hello ... <br /><br />I'm getting married in Spain this summer, and I'm looking for a ready to display model boat for my father-in-law to be. <br /><br />He lives in Galicia, a region in northwest Spain that is very dependent on the sea. In fishing villages along the coast, there are small fishing vessels colored bright primary colors as far as the eye can see. <br /><br />I'm looking for a model boat that would hit home with him that he can add to his collection, but I need it to be less than $125 and I want it to be beautiful, with a little charm. <br /><br />Plan B is to give him a model of what a small fishing boat in the US looks like, maybe around the Chesapeake where I grew up, but this is an emergency plan only right now. <br /><br />So, if anyone knows any reputable boat modeler sites where I can start looking for either a small Spanish fishing boat or a charming Chesapeake bay fishing vessel, please let me know. <br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Hollis

hollisduncan

Cadet
Re: WANTED: Fishing boat model, preferably Spanish

DJ, those aren't bad, thanks, I wish a few of the lower end ones were a little nicer though ... <br /><br />Hollis

hollisduncan

Cadet

Model boat possibilities might be "skipjack" the sail powered boats used to work oysters in the Chesapeake Bay and "deadrise" which are somewhat ugly powered boats but classic looking in a way which now do all the work for the watermen.<br /><br />Anyone know where to find any nice ready to display models?

Twidget

Commander

Here is a list of different vendors.

aspeck

Staff member

Oh, those kind of models ...

mattttt25

Commander

could also try to find a model of a trumpy- one of the all time classics made right here in annapolis.