Want to put tilt trim on 1994 48 SPL

PhilSch

Cadet
I would like to pick up a 40-55 OMC motor with tilt/trim so I can get rid of the TouchTrim junk on my motor. What years are compatible?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Your location.------If in Canada-----evinrudeparts.ca-----May offer help.

PhilSch

Cadet
Racer,
I sent Evinrude an email requesting information on compatibility. Best I can tell by studying diagrams, the '89-97 35,40 and 50 horse motors that have PTT will work.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Your motor has the tilt assist feature, doesn't it? Just my opinion, but seems like a lot to go through. Might consider aftermarket t.&t. units as a little simpler route to go.

PhilSch

Cadet
Your motor has the tilt assist feature, doesn't it? Just my opinion, but seems like a lot to go through. Might consider aftermarket t.&t. units as a little simpler route to go.
The tilt assist is frozen. I don't want to spend $600 on aftermarket. Plan is to find a donor motor with bad powerhead for cheap. I'm not in a hurry so given the time I'm confident one will turn up.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
An obvious point, but wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to find a replacement for the tilt assist. I haven't used it on the water, but played with it on a 65(?) hp that I was looking at. With that device, it seemed to me that setting the manual trim would be pretty easy.