Want to make $6.45M

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class
<br />TEL:+27 73-700-66-77<br />EMEAIL-zumaumtata1@webmail.co.za<br /><br />Dear Sir,<br /><br /><br />I am Barrister ZUMA J P UMTATA ?am a Solicitor at Law and the Personal Lawyer to one Mr. Daniel Malachi, a Zimbabwe national, who came to South Africa and made a deposit of US$21,500,000.00 (Twenty One Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only) with and Security Company under our supervision / Legal guidance but was assassinated during the ongoing Land Reform crisis in Zimbabwe, on June the 4th 2003. And up till date all efforts to get any member of his family have proved abortive.<br /><br />Indeed, since then I have made concerted efforts and enquiries through the high commission of Zimbabwe here in South Africa to locate any member of the family or relative. This has also proved unsuccessful. After t his several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to look for a foreigner who will not lay claim to the said money lying unclaimed with Security Company since I have all the classified documents to the aforementioned fund.<br /><br />More so, since I have not been able to locate any relative of Mr. Daniel Malachi for over two years now, I therefore seek for noble consent to present you as a business partner or associate to the late Mr. Daniel Malachi so that you can now lay claim to the money, so that the fund will be transferred into your overseas account. Thereafter, I and you will share the money as thus: 65% for me and 30% for you, while 5% will be set aside for contingent / miscellaneous expenses incurred during the process of the transaction.<br /><br />NOTE: That I have all necessary documents to back up this transaction. All I need is your trust, honesty, confidentiality and co-operation to enable us to see this deal through. I guarantee you that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect us from any breach of the law.<br /><br />Please I need your phone and fax number for easy communication.<br />Yours faithfully,<br />J P ZUMA<br />
Sure when monkey's fly :D

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: Want to make $6.45M

I'll take my chances with a lottery ticket :D <br /><br />What a load of cods wallop eh! :rolleyes:

dolluper

Captain

Geez a lifetime chance to go broke on phone bills and trust him he will make you broke :confused: :D

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I'm wondering how the scam plays out. Obviously, if you send bank account info, they'll drain the account. <br /><br />But what if the account is empty to begin with, nothing to drain. Identity theft, do they get your personal information and run up bills? Write fraudulent checks on your bank account? Use your name and account to set up other credit lines?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

no, nothing that complicated or clever. They'll simply want a "transfer fee" of $10000 or something like that before they can release the "cash...."

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you would have said 6.5 mil I would have been in.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll try To not make this to boring, but this scam is known as the Nigerian scam, been around for many years now. When I first saw it, they wanted to deposit the $$ in my trust account (I own a title company and at any given day or time we have millions in that account). So as you can Imagine, so dumber real estate Co's or Title Co's actually gave them acct info and poof $$ gone.<br /><br />So we were warned quite a while ago about this crap. Nothing new. In fact I got an e-mail today same scam different spin.<br /><br />Spud

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I can see it is a scam. What I cant understand is how they can empty an account just by having the number which is on every cheque I write.

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Edited. <br /><br />Have already received threatning mail w.r.t and my family's wellfare is of paramount importance.

aspeck

Staff member

What usually happens is they will not drain the money for the account number they are given. However, there are fees and bribs that must be paid to make sure the transfer of funds are a success. Usually they will initially ask for some smaller amount, like $300 - $1000. Then the date will be set for the transfer. A day or so before the transfer something urgent will come up and more money will be needed immediately. Then, there will be another problem and you will be asked to travel to said company to meet with the parties involved. Oh, and bring more $$$.<br /><br />Then if they have your trust, more delays, and more $. They will bleed you till you stop. Unfortunately, at that time, most of the people are so embarrassed that they never file charges.<br /><br />I personally know people that have been sucked into various forms of this Nigeria Scheme, and get an email a week for it. Some people that jump for it have lost as little as $200, others that stick around longer have lost upwards of $500,000. Can't believe they would be that greedy that it would let them be so blind to see what is going on, but it happens.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by rudeafrican:<br /> Edited. <br /><br />Have already received threatning mail w.r.t and my family's wellfare is of paramount importance.
Threatening mail? how on earth are they managing to do that-you didn't give them your home address did you?!

Realgun

Commander

Some idiot County Manager here in New Mexico lost 8 million dollars to those scams! Our money not his!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rudeafrican:<br /> Edited. <br /><br />Have already received threatning mail w.r.t and my family's wellfare is of paramount importance.
What are you talking about?

Xcusme

Commander

Yup, this kind of stuff seems to go on and on....<br /><br />Go here for some laughs..... Link

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry guys for leaving you in the dark. I had posted in my previous reply that being from SA, I will followup from my side and try and get this scumbag arrested. I then asked Kevin for some further details and posted my email address. Within an hour I had received an e-mail from an Individual calling himself Zoba, telling me not to go down a path that myself and my family would regret. I can only assume that it must be linked to this post. How they became aware of this, I have no idea.<br /><br />I therefor edited my previous post. I have since changed my mail address and spoke to the cops. <br /><br />I might be paranoid but you don't get to be gray haired in Africa by not being alert.

aspeck

Staff member

Rude, you are not paranoid - many of these scammers are ruthless. Seems like many of the Nigerians that are involved in the scams like to meet people in Ghana. There have been many reported robberies, beatings, and even killings at the hands of the scammers. The link that Xcusme gave is a great link, but please don't try it yourself. They can be ruthless.<br /><br />Unfortunately, because they are from a 3rd World country, and everything they do is away from their own country, they keep themselves in limbo as far as law enforcement agencies are concerned - until they threaten someone like Rude. This is where they mess up. I am glad that Rude reported them to the police. Hopefully the police can trace them down and put them where they belong - behind bars.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I knew a guy who actually went along with this thing, and tried to scam the scammers. I never fully understood how it all worked out, but one day the deposit was there in his account, but in a pending status. That raised my eyebrows. But then when something else happened, he found himself sitting in front of a bank manager, and at the end of the day, the bank no longer wanted his business. Needless to say, he never got his hands on all the money. I do not recall if he ended up losing anything or not...I basically steered clear of him after that.<br /><br /><br />-dd-