Want to get a duplicate engine key made

Jim Harris

Recruit
Help? New boat owner. 1988 Sea Nymph Beast Jr. bought it with one engine key and would like to get a back-up key. We live rural- anyone know how I can get a duplicate key by mail? It says Quicksilver on the key and there is a #20 engraved in metal.image.jpg

airshot

Rear Admiral
Had the same issue on my boat, dealer must order the key, takes up to 3 weeks. Same story from two different Mercury dealers.. Found a good locksmith that has a large variety of keys, he was able to make me a couple. Dont waste your time at a big box store with the key machine, they dont have squat !!! Hate to say it but find a really good full service locksmith to get one made...

Mark ofs

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Marina near here had them in stock...just a couple minutes. If you loose the key...I understand but have not confirmed...key number will be on the backside of the throttle contol unit.

Mark ofs

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Naaaaa, 30-60 days minimum if you want work done...usually suggests buy something new or newer instead of repairing. I guess that's probably from years of experience dealing with the public:) anyway...I usually do the work myself..been a learning experience!

DFMWaska

Recruit
Help? New boat owner. 1988 Sea Nymph Beast Jr. bought it with one engine key and would like to get a back-up key. We live rural- anyone know how I can get a duplicate key by mail? It says Quicksilver on the key and there is a #20 engraved in metal.View attachment 366720
Hello - I too just bought a used Sea Nymph and it came with just one key. Odd thing is the key they gave me (and it works) is a Briggs & Stratton key (the engine/controller on the boat is Johnson). Did the key you ordered work ? or did you end up going with a locksmith ? Thank you