Wanna know what I do with my *****hose and personal lube?

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I noticed tonight that I still have about 30 pairs of brand new *****hose packs, not to mention the big bottle of personal lube, in my secret stash.<br /><br />*****hose cost me a dollar for every 20 pairs with minor faults at a recylcer a few years back. Cut just one foot (the leg end bit, not the length) off the pair in every pack and it works out at 2.5 cents a strainer sock for spray paint. I've still got lots more material to make more socks out of in the pack. Socks cost me under one cent a go. No pain in using them once and throwing them away. Can't buy spray paint socks anywhere near that cheap. Way cleaner than used ones.<br /><br />Personal lube slides things on a lot better than rubber grease. It's also water soluble. Much better for tight fits on exposed items that you want to clean up nice after fitting. Got a rear windscreen in with it once that wouldn't go in any other way. <br /><br />A bloke who has 30 pairs of *****hose and a big bottle of personal lube in his workshop is not necessarily a pervert. He just needs understanding.<br /><br />Am I the only person who's found uses for things that weren't intended by the maker?<br /><br />Edit: All these stars came up before "hose". Not my fault. Seems a bit silly to star a word that's plastered over every major and minor women's store in the country and all their catalogues and newspaper and TV ads. And worn by just about every woman you see. Missing word is close to pantry, but is not party.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Wanna know what I do with my *****hose and personal lube?

Hi Tinkerer, I found that when working with fiberglass that p-antyhose will help remove the small irratating pieces from you skin. Just don't let anyone wear them afterwards. :D

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SS Mayfloat:<br /> Hi Tinkerer, I found that when working with fiberglass that p-antyhose will help remove the small irratating pieces from you skin. Just don't let anyone wear them afterwards. :D
You've reminded me that the second grade (i.e previously worn and deformed by Mrs Tinkerer) p-antyhose under my workbench is there because it's great to wrap around your hands and feel things with ..... <br /><br />Sorry, drifted off a bit there. Dunno what I was thinking.<br /><br />Stick your hands in it and run it over sanded timber to work out if it's 100% smooth. It'll catch on just about anything. When you can run it over a workpiece with no catching you know it's A1.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Perfect to put chiken liver in when catfishing.<br />Just roll some up, tie it off with a rubber band and run the hook thru it and cast away. About the only way to keep "good" chicken liver on.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

* SELF EDIT *<br /><br /><br />.... was going straight to hell with that one..

KaGee

Admiral

Party hose sounds interesting!<br /><br /> :D

ob

Admiral

I want to hear more about this personal lube.Or,maybe I don't. :confused:

ndemge

Commander

Is it Dino or Synthetic?

LadyFish

Admiral

*****hose are great for tieing up your tomato plants too. And they make a good bait sack for crabs.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by nd3mge:<br /> Is it Dino or Synthetic?
..lets just say biodegradeable :p <br /><br />
Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> *****hose are great for tieing up your tomato plants too. And they make a good bait sack for crabs.
I read that you're planting garden already LadyFish.. I'm a bit jealous.. especially when tomato plants are mentioned .. btw- great for supporting tomato plants! ;)

NathanY

Commander

just dont ask Ty, GG, or carpy what they do with these items...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

for camping, they'll keep a bar of soap from escaping.<br /><br />plus which, they make me feel special. ;) :eek:

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> just dont ask Ty, GG, or carpy what they do with these items...
Personally, I prefer fishnet stockings and au natural lube, but hey, whatever floats your boat :p <br /><br />I thought the only thing they could be used for (other than for the girls wearing them)was to put em on your head to rob a bank :confused:

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

*****hose works good as a scent drag with tarsal gland hair.

cntrydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Much better for tight fits on exposed items that you want to clean up nice after fitting.
:eek: :eek:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

They can also be used as an emergency fan belt. Or so I have heard.<br /><br />Ken

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

ob

Admiral

We used to use P hose for containing live substrate introduced into a wet/dry filter on a marine reef aquarium. :) Never any personal lube though.The anemones took care of that.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

The wife uses her old hose on the discharge of the washing machine to catch lint. Cut it a little ways up from the foot end then rubberband it to the washer hose. Works great