Walmart Brand 2 Stroke Marine Oil

O.T.Water

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Anyone had any experience using this in a Force. It's like half the price of name brands. In todays economy every little bit helps. Walmart oil seems to fly off the shelf in my area. Comments appreciated.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Walmart Brand 2 Stroke Marine Oil

Walmart oil should be just fine, but use the Stabil Marine(Walmart $20/quart) all the time to help prevent fuel/ethanol degrading problems in your fuel system from tank to carbs.

raven7

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I use the Wal-Mart brand Supertech oil in my '97 Force 40 mixed at 50:1. I've only had the boat long enough to run about 10 gallons thru it. So far no fouled plugs or excessive smoking. Wouldn't think Wal-Mart would sell a 2 stroke oil that would cause premature engine wear and have a class action law suit for all the repair bills.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

i LOVE walmart. ill shop anywhere that i can save a few bucks and till get decent quality. i use the supertech 2 stroke oil in the merc 25 i have and will in my chrysler 105 aswell. i also use the 2 t oil in motorcycles, lawn equip etc. i use supertech engine oil in both vehicles we have also. i did a google search for supertech oil at one point and then supertack was bottled by kedall oil ( atleast in this part of the country ).

raven7

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just to add a note: Wal-Mart has Supertech 2 stroke oil in the automovtive dept. That's for air cooled engines such as chainsaws, weedeaters, leaf blowers. Make sure you get the marine version which is formulated for water cooled engines as they are designed to work at our lower engine temps.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have used SuperTech TC-W3 2 stroke oil for years in a variety of outboards. I recommend it.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I use it all the time in all my engines and have not had problems yet. I have probably run 40 gallons of it (oil, not gas mix) through my engines (5 boats).

On another forum post about oils, It was noted that Walmart oil has the same quality as branded oils and it is higher in some ratings than the expensive branded oils.

So: Use it with confidence.

Robert D

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's all I use. Stock up on it! My Force 150....a model known for blowing up....seems quite happy, and runs well. So does my Merc 650 65hp 4 banger.

As for shopping at Wal Mart, I also do not care for them due to the amount of imported Chinese garbage they sell. But I will buy anything they have made in America.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Been using it exclusively for the last few years. No issues whatsoever.

divinginn

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I ran it on my rental boats for years without any problems,still running one over twenty years old,I would love to know how many hours are on that motor,it is a Yamaha 40 hp.