Wal Mart Wine

LadyFish

Admiral
Some Wal-Mart customers soon will be able to sample a new discount item: Wal-Mart's own brand of wine. The world's largest retail chain is<br /><br />teaming up with E&J Gallo Winery of Modesto, California, to produce the spirits at an affordable price, in the $2-5 range.<br /> <br /><br />While wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wal-Mart brand wine into their shopping carts, there is a market for cheap wine, said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing at Roger Williams University in Bristol, R.I.<br /><br /> <br /><br />She said: "The right name is important." So, here we go: The top 12<br /><br />suggested names for Wal-Mart Wine:<br /><br />13. Chateau Traileur Parc<br /><br />12. White Trashfindel<br /><br />11. Big Red Gulp<br /><br />10. Grape Expectations<br /><br />9. Domaine Wal-Mart "Merde du Pays"<br /><br />8. NASCARbernet<br /><br />7. Chef Boyardeaux<br /><br />6. Peanut Noir<br /><br />5. Chateau des Moines<br /><br />4. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!<br /><br />3. World Championship Riesling<br /><br />2. Sams Shiraz<br /><br />And the number 1 name for Wal-Mart Wine ...<br /><br /> 1. Nasti Spumante<br /><br /> <br /><br />The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with both white<br /><br />Meat (Possum) and red meat (squirrel). :D

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Wal Mart Wine

:) <br /><br />I have to throw in a few<br /><br />Wally Wine<br /><br />Rollback Bordeaux<br /><br />Château Bentonville - Arkansas fine wine - goes great with Cheese Wiz!<br /><br /> :)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

So they will be smashing prices, and getting the customer smashed.<br /><br />Although this does solve the Wal mart delimea. They were getting concerned about their customer base shrinking. This way guys can get their dates drunk cheaper, and then get them knocked up again. Thus creating more Wal mart shoppers. :D

NathanY

Commander

So what are you all trying to say? My wife works for Wal-Mart in Bentonville AR.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

ain't nuttin wrong with Wal-mart...them blue little bags they send you home with (with your goodies in) make good suitcases.....stuff your clothes in there, tie the handles....American touristor probably wish they'd invented that :D <br /><br /><br />and yes, I've used them :D

KaGee

Admiral

ROFL!!! :D <br /><br />Watch out Mogan David!!!!!

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> So what are you all trying to say? My wife works for Wal-Mart in Bentonville AR.
Sorry Nate, I'm sure your wife is the exception. Most Wally World employees around here are kids that only are concerned with themselves and have no idea what customer service is.<br /><br />Didn't we have a thread a while ago about putting one's foot into one's mouth...<br /><br />Sorry again :(

LadyFish

Admiral

NateinAR, not trying to say anything......it's a joke.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey, all joking aside, if you drink cheap wine these might be worth trying. I was shocked at the quality of some of the Wal Mart home brand stuff I've tried. Try their Great Value ice cream for $2.50 a half gallon. Not quite Breyers, but pretty close IMHO. I actually like their GV frozen toaster pastry things better than the name brand ones. And their rising crust pizzas are very good also, not quite as good as DiGiornio, but pretty close for alot less. <br /><br />It's clear that they're focusing on quality in addition to just low prices for some of their home brand stuff.<br /><br />BTW, I don't work at a Wal Mart, live in a trailor, or consider spending Friday evenings shopping at Wal Mart a big night out, lol. <br /><br />I live on a lake out in the country with the nearest 'big' city around 35 miles away. The closest town (about 10 miles away) is pretty small, but got a Super Wal Mart a couple of years ago. You can't imagine how convenient something like that is for us folks who live out in the sticks!

oddjob

Commander

I love Walmart.....and the 24hour superstore is a sportsmans paradise.<br /><br />One stop shopping at 5am is awesome. everything but live bait......except the gold fish. :)