Wakeboard Racks... Whats the best brand?

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Quick question guys... I know this isn't prolly the best forum to ask this but the tahoe forum is kinda slow right now haha.. I want to add two wakeboard / knee board racks to my tower, and there or so many different brands out there. Can anyone suggest a certian brand I should get? I found some Aerial one on ebay for 160 bucks thats the best price I have found but didn't know if Aerial is a good brand or not.

If you can upload some pics of your boat and racks...

Thanks guys!!!

boat.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wakeboard Racks... Whats the best brand?

lol....that is kinda like asking what beer is best.

but lets get you to the wakeboard forum where the rope hangers hang out !

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer

I have monster tower racks on my ski boat, but they are used on a monster tower. What make is your tower? you may need to check the diamerer of your tubing.

Marada92

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bought the cheaper ones that big air towers sold with their towers... Still get the job done... I could use a kneeboarding rack though. You just need a horizontal cross brace for these. The boards are held in with elastic bands that stretch around and hook underneath.

b3615231.jpg

I'm simple and easy to please... Most of the racks out there are based just on looking good... And theres a hefty price tag that comes with them.

bowler

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bought cheap off ebay from hong kong - similar to these but with a bat shaped backing plate:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WAKEBOARD..._Waterskiing_Wakeboarding&hash=item45fcf9cf89

I can't remember what i offered but it was way less then the list price. I have no photos but two years later they are still looking good. For me price was a big factor. My tower is a monster MT1.

D.

bowler

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also, they also do kneeboard racks of the same design. No hassle with delivery etc either.

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have 2 Aerial racks-both hold 2 wakeboards each. They have a quick release knob on them so that I can leave the bracket on the tower all the time but can take the fork part of the rack off when not in use. Sorry I don't have a close up pic of the rack itself though, but you can see it at h20sportswarehouse.com
tower 2.JPG

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

boat.jpgPat8839 ....If i went with Aerial do you have to mount them on a vertical pole or can I put them on my horzontial pole on the tower?

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Do you overnight in a dock much? I have an Aerial tower that is about as wide as yours, but mine is the assault. The problem with a tower as wide as ours is the forks are too darn wide for some docks. I rent a house every year and have to take my forks off while there.

Thus, if you use similar docks, get a rack that has a hinge or a quick release.

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sickwilly.... Thats something to think about thanks.... I store mine under the car port and I will prolly have to take mine off while I store it....

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class

The racks that I have can be mounted in any position. So you could mount it on a vertical, horizontal, or even diagonal section of your tower.
I have run into the issue of not being able to clear the pilings at some dock areas and the quick release aspect enables you to quickly take the rack off and not having to worry about it.
You can also get racks that swivel around to face in towards the boat to make getting the boards off easier but I have never seen them to price them. I am sure you pay a hefty price for that...

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea the ones that swivel or like 200 dollars more I think... I'll stick with the fixed postion ones haha... Im going to go with the Aerial ones. Let me ask you guys have ya'll ever seen a hard top bikin for a tahoe?

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Aerial sells a rotating block for like $80 that would be well worth it. The problem I would see on your cross bar, though, is the same problem I have. I don't think the rack would rotate enough. My Aerial assault has a fixed plate and the block is not long enough.

http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BT-ROTOARM-PA

I wish they would come up with a solution. Taking out 8 small bolts when over the water is just a lost bolt waiting to happen.

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So what your saying is I wont be able to reach around the tower and take the wakeboard out of the rack while on the water?
Do you have the rotating blocks? upload a larger pic of your boat for me...

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I see what you mean...only problem I would have if it didn't fit under my carport, but shouldn't be a big problem.... thanks for the info sickwilly... i'm gonig to go with the Aerial racks... Do most people get the same rack on both sides?? Cuz I think most people just get two of them for the looks huh?

CC245

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would try to get quick release/swivel type. As the others have said the width can be a problem. That way when you park in a tight car port or at a dock with vertical obstructions you can pop them off quick. The swivel is nice for when you are loading and unloading boards on the water. Mine quick release and swivel but they came with the factory ss arch, so they are pricey.
299062_2147478539067_1609424672_2119141_2941810_n.jpg
205992_2147497419539_1609424672_2119156_3955156_n.jpg

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice boat CC245... Im thinking about getting the swivel one... let me ask you where did you get ur **** pit cover?

CC245

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice boat CC245... Im thinking about getting the swivel one... let me ask you where did you get ur **** pit cover?

Thanks, the covers came with the boat and are also factory.