Wacky Warning Labels

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wacky Warning Labels

Had an apple pie today.<br /><br />It said, "Hot apple pie"<br /><br />In small print below that,<br />"Seriously, the filling can be extremely hot"

gaugeguy

Captain

Here's some other classics...<br /><br />On Sears hairdryer:<br />Do not use while sleeping.<br />(Gee, it's the only time I have to work on my hair!)<br /><br />On a bag of Fritos:<br />You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.<br />(The shoplifter special!)<br /><br />On a bar of Dial soap:<br />Directions: Use like regular soap.<br />(And that would be how?)<br /><br />On some Swan frozen dinners:<br />Serving suggestion: Defrost.<br />(But it's *just* a suggestion!)<br /><br />On a hotel provided shower cap in a box:<br />Fits one head.<br /><br />On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert: <br />(printed on bottom of the box)<br />Do not turn upside down.<br />(Too late! You lose!)<br /><br />On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding:<br />Product will be hot after heating.<br />(Are you sure??? Let's experiment.)<br /><br />On packaging for a Rowenta iron:<br />Do not iron clothes on body. <br />(But wouldn't that save more time?) (Whose body?)<br /><br />On Boot's Children's cough medicine:<br />Do not drive car or operate machinery.<br />(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we just kept those 5 year olds off those fork lifts.)<br /><br />On Nytol sleep aid:<br />Warning: may cause drowsiness. <br />(One would hope!)<br /><br />On a Korean kitchen knife:<br />Warning keep out of children. <br />(Or pets! What's for dinner?)<br /><br />On a string of Chinese-made Christmas lights:<br />For indoor or outdoor use only.<br />(As opposed to use in Outer space.)<br />(Or underground)<br /><br />On a Japanese food processor:<br />Not to be used for the other use.<br />(Now I'm curious.)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

few good ones GG ... <br /><br />I can't remember which brand name it was but,<br /><br />Warning: Objects in mirror appear closer.<br /><br />huh??? in comparison to what???<br /><br /><br />on a crystal vase package.<br /><br />Warning: do not drop, contents may shatter.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> few good ones GG ... <br /><br />I can't remember which brand name it was but,<br /><br />Warning: Objects in mirror appear closer.<br /><br />huh??? in comparison to what???
They are on passenger side outside mirrors Barlow.<br />Look at your's the next time your in it. That is what it says.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

On Janet Lee Charcoal Lighter:<br /><br />CAUTION COMBUSTIBLE MIXTURE

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> few good ones GG ... <br /><br />I can't remember which brand name it was but,<br /><br />Warning: Objects in mirror appear closer.<br /><br />huh??? in comparison to what???
They are on passenger side outside mirrors Barlow.<br />Look at your's the next time your in it. That is what it says.
Says "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"...

spratt

Lieutenant

Johnson's baby lotion:<br /><br />Keep out of reach of children.

a_bullfrog_a

Seaman

on a jar of b&g pickles. Instead of saying <br />servings "about 20". It says "usually 20".

Twidget

Commander

Warning on wifes blow drier...Do not use in shower.<br /><br /><br />On the ironing clothes while in them, I knew a girl that did that. She burned the heck out of her arm and couldnt understand why. :)

NathanY

Commander

There is a sticker on the side of my dumptruck, that shows a guy getting ripped in half by the PTO shaft in cartoon format, and below it, it says that PTO can cause injury or death. Very funny looking sticker. Who would be silly enough to try to grap the PTO shaft with the engine running?

KaGee

Admiral

How about a warning label for the stinking trial lawyers that started all of this insanity??

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

It sounds like some of these may have been written by folks that were the beneficiaries of international trade, if you know what I mean (furiners). They have a poor command of the language in which they were asked to write warnings.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> How about a warning label for the stinking trial lawyers that started all of this insanity?? <br /><br />*** * * * * * * * *<br /><br />Caution "Trial Lawyer in traing to be a politician"