VX NERVE GAS IN DELAWARE RIVER

dragula65000

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The US Army is planning to "dispose" of approx 4 million gallons or so in the Delaware River after it is "diluted". I'm no tree hugger or nothin, but I love this sport, and this is rediculous. I heard about this over the weekend on the world news. Here's some articles I dug up about it. The debate is still ongoing, and there is a possibility this very well can happen. <br /><br /> http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2004/04/15fearforthehealt.html <br /><br /> http://www.delawareriverkeeper.org/factsheets/vx_nerve_agent.htm <br /><br /> http://newstandardnews.net/content/?action=show_item&itemid=1646

crab bait

Captain
Re: VX NERVE GAS IN DELAWARE RIVER

big whoop.. VX SHIMEEX.. is that all ya got.. <br /><br />there's tons of way worst stuff in the river then that..!! :)

deeep water

Petty Officer 2nd Class

how right you are crab bait,,and will this duleted vx interreact with other chemicals already present ,,i know that extream high temps are not good for lots of chemicals ,,i saw where they burned old tires to make concret,,they use lots of concret in iraq so lets ship old tires over there to help make concret and spray the vx in at the bottom of the burning tires ,,the high temps should do the trick,,and wat we dont use on the tires we can use on the terrorest,hiding underground

sassboater

Seaman Apprentice

dupont should know if it will interact with all the other crap they dumped in the river over the years killing it!!! i wouldn't eat a fish or crab out of it anyhow.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I'm glad I don't live in Jersey no mo'.....JK

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Can't we ship it to Iraq? Then "W" can say with a straight face that we found WMD ;) ....JK

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

only way I could go for that plan is if the top leaders,engineers and scientets involved lived on the river, ate 2 helpings of seafood from it daily and drank 4 glasses of water from the river everyday for a year.<br /> I just dont trust the "leaders" anymore.<br />would hate to see 2 years down the road that it maybe was not as safe as dupont thought.

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

There is no problem. I am sure the EPA has determined that. It makes no difference that these are not scientists but bible thumpers and corporate greed mongers making this decision. What? Listen to the people who know. Stupid idea. These are people who have an agenda. Who cares if you glow, die early etc. Their are too many slackers like you around already. Hell, we can get import better people from elsewhere and they will work cheaper and not worry about stupid things like this. Boy are you dumb.

Richard Petersen

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The Dupont plant that was in Baltimore Harbor STILL has do not eat signs on it. People crab and catch fish off of it anyway. The really lazy and stupid ones deserver it. The rest of us do not.

Richard Petersen

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The Dupont plant that was in Baltimore Harbor STILL has do not eat signs on it. People crab and catch fish off of it anyway. The really lazy and stupid ones deserver it. The rest of us do not.