VRO re-build kits

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,<br />Just went through 140 posts on vro's most say new style vro's are totaly re-buildable, but no kit numbers or source,dealer says not able to repair but i dont believe it.any help with source for kit would be appretiated.<br />Thanks in advance.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: VRO re-build kits

hello<br /> what part of the pump is bad?<br /> if its over 6 years old chunk it like a monkey and buy a new one.<br /> good luck and keep posting

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for reply,<br />Its on a 86 140 rude.The pump is only 2yrs old I converted it to 4wire two yrs ago. problem is its leaking oil to the fuel side as I can see the oil color in the fuel filter. Thanks again.

ob

Admiral

Welcome to the internal seal failure syndrome.All of the kits that I know of do not include parts for the oil half of the unit.Bare in mind that when you discard one of these vro pumps that you likely just threw away a perfectly good conventional pump.

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks OB,<br /> No I will not throw it away ,pumps fuel just fine.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Just make sure the oil side is air tight or you will end up sucking air into the fuel.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

The late model pumps are completely repairable and the individual parts are listed in the later parts book.<br /><br />The late model pumps came out around '99 and can recognized by the stainless steel oval retainers that hold down the fuel inlet and outlet fittings, and are secured by small Torx screws.

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Seahorse,<br /> thats the info I needed,you have been a big help especialy with my idle prob. awhile back.