VRO questions

barrrj

Seaman
I have a 1993 Johnson 115 with vro. I am wanting to replace the line from oil tank to engine, Does anyone know what dia the hose is? I cannot find it on the current hose.

thanks.

marinemech1

Chief Petty Officer
Re: VRO questions

I have a 1993 Johnson 115 with vro. I am wanting to replace the line from oil tank to engine, Does anyone know what dia the hose is? I cannot find it on the current hose.

thanks.

1\4 inch note: when you replace the hose run engine on 50:1 for a bit and re-prime oil system. Also a great time to change filter in tank,test low oil and no oil warnings.
Wayne

barrrj

Seaman

I have completely cleaned out the oil tank, replaced the filter sock on it. Exactly what do I have to do besides pumping the ball to reprime that system?

thanks

jshane39

Seaman Apprentice

Just make sure you pump some into the line using the oil bulb to ensure that you have removed most of the air bubbles. This would mean un-hooking the oil line at the vro and pumping the bulb. You may pick up a no oil alarm if there are air pockets in the line. You should be able to get that to stop by pumping the oil bulb while (if) the alarm sounds. Other that clearing the line for air, the self priming should kick in.

marinemech1

Chief Petty Officer

best way is to leave hose off motor,prime bulb to fill oil line , run motor (on 50:1) until no oil warning sounds beep aprox every 1\2 second. Put oil line on motor prime bulb until no oil warning stops. clamp up oil hose and continue on 50:1 for 1 tank of fuel.
Wayne