Vro conversion 88' 40hp questions

I am converting my 88' 40hp evinrude to a pulse type fuel pump. I have a existing line going into the crankcase from the old vro pump and I also have the pulse hole on the port side of the motor. Can I plug the lower line and use the hole in the side of the crankcase for the fuel pump? Is there anything I have to do with the electrical? I have a picture here, hope I explained this right. Thanks.

kjdunne

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Vro conversion 88' 40hp questions

Yes, you can do what you describe. The hole on the port side is for a conventional fuel pump, the threaded holes on either side are for the mounting screws, 10-32 thread I think. Electrical - just unplug the wires from the VRO pump and oil tank, cap the wiring harness connectors with electrical tape and you're all set.

dickie6319

Cadet

can the same procedure be done with a 1990 60hp vro2?

kjdunne

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes, any VRO motor can be converted to premix operation. Does yours have the pulse port on the side as in the pic above marked "second hole"? If not, you need a fuel pump with a 3rd nipple to connect to the pulse port the VRO is connected to now with a hose, and rig a way to mount the pump. Search this forum for VRO to premix conversion posts to get pump part #s and see how others have mounted them.

If the fuel side of your VRO pump is working, you can just plug the oil inlet, unplug the wires from the VRO and oil tank, remove oil tank and line and not bother with rigging a new fuel pump.

Thank you very much for the info. The actual doing I get, It's the knowledge that I don't have. Again thanks a ton. Ordering fuel pump next.

Looks good, can't wait to get back on the water myself. Hopefully have the tin tomato in the water next weekend!!