Vro alarm e70tlcur

Ryant10275

Cadet
A little info on my boat. Engine is an evinrude 70 that the previous owner disabled the vro and removed the oil tank. I am struggling trying to figure out this alarm on my pontoon. End of Last year i took it for a 10 minute trip and the alarm started going off. Next time i took it out was to load onto the trailer for end of year and the alarm went off again. The previous owner had disabled the vro so i figured it was an overheat alarm. This spring i replaced the impeller before putting it in the water and i ran it on the muffs and everything seemed fine. Put it in the water and i get the alarm. Still thinking it’s overheat because of the vro being disabled i replace the thermostat and i still get the alarm. Finally i realized it wasn’t a constant alarm but an on off on off that I’ve read is vro issues. How is that possible if I’ve been boating this for years with vro supposedly disconnected and me pre mixing the fuel? I did notice if i shut off the engine once the alarm goes off and wait a bit and turn it back on it almost takes the same 3 minutes for the alarm to go off wich makes it seem like it is almost on a timer

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Is the VRO pump itself unplugged? Follow the harness and make sure it is unplugged.

Ryant10275

Cadet
Is the VRO pump itself unplugged? Follow the harness and make sure it is unplugged.
I’m not sure I’m going down to the marina tomorrow to check the wiring for tank and vro. But even if it was still hooked up why hasn’t it ever went off in the last 2 boating seasons

Ryant10275

Cadet
It’s been raining and i haven’t been able to get down there but does anyone have any insight on why it would been fine for 2 years wether it was plugged in or not and all the sudden starts going off now?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Does the tell tale hose come off the side of the block or off the top ??----Post the compression test values here.---Did you look into 0432955 water pump hit ?----It has parts / instructions for this motor.

Ryant10275

Cadet
Does the tell tale hose come off the side of the block or off the top ??----Post the compression test values here.---Did you look into 0432955 water pump hit ?----It has parts / instructions for this motor.
Top of block is the tell tale it has the update. Compression test was 136 135 135. I can’t remember the exact part number on the impeller but it was the evinrude Johnson kit for this boat

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Alarms on lots of outboard motors sound when the sender is grounded. You might check for a sender wire rubbing the block.

Ryant10275

Cadet
I don’t understand how it was never beeping for the previous two years but we unhooked the 4 wire vro plug and it stopped instantly