VRO 3 wire VS 4 wire

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can anyone tell me the diff. between a 3 wire and a 4 wire VRO ?<br /> thanks very mutch

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: VRO 3 wire VS 4 wire

The three wire VRO was capable of emitting a false warning. The four wire VRO corrected that problem.

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Joe,<br /> I replaced my three wire about 6yrs ago because of fuel leak in the body,installed a 4 wire. Last season the 6yr old one leaked oil back into fuel filter, replaced that one, also at the same time replaced oil picup assy in tank it was giving me a continuos tone very,very intermitent. finaly found that prob after it failed completly.didnt know there was a circuit board in there. anyway this one year old pump is giving me a no oil signal. can I verify oil use by the clear hose method without counting engine puses as I have no way to count them ?<br />Thanks A million<br />PS just solved my idle prob.and up pops another and I havent got out of the drive way yet.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

I assume that what you're saying is that after running the engine a short time, the warning horn starts beeping every other second.<br /><br />If this is the case, pump the oil primer bulb when this happens to see if the alarm stops sounding. If it stops, and never reoccurs, then I would assume that there was air in the line.<br /><br />If the warning sound does reoccur, and no oil/air leaks are present, I would need to think that the VRO is failing again.<br /><br />If there's any doubt in your mind that oil is being supplied to the engine properly, it would be best that you add oil to your fuel (50/1) until that doubt ceases to exist.

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks again Joe,<br /> Will do

clanton

Rear Admiral

You place finger on pump body, you can feel the pump thump as it pulses.

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks clanton, Guess I should have read the whole paragraph in the manual.