Voter Registration

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Well, it is official! My wife and I are now officially registered voters.<br /><br />I was just curious how many iboats members have just regestered this year to vote this November?<br /><br />Never has my wife or I been so worried about the possiblility of having a person like Kerry voted into office.

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Voter Registration

Welcome, WHAT TOOK YOU SOOOOO LONG??

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SS MAYFLOAT:<br /> ...I was just curious how many iboats members have just regestered this year to vote this November?...
You should start a poll about this. Pretty good question.

aspeck

Staff member

Congrats SS! Welcome to the voting fraternity! May your vote count and may it be cast for the winner!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Congrat's SS, best making it a habit. Even though other elections may not be as high a profile, Congressional elections are always extremely important.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Echo above,<br />Congrats SS.<br />My feelings are <br /><br />"If you did not vote, you have ABSOLUTELY NO right to complain about who won the election."<br /><br />For that reason, I have been a registered voter since I was of the age allowed. Been 18 years since and have only missed a few elections.<br /><br />AK Chappy

LadyFish

Admiral

In the great State of Texas, when you get your driver's license you also get a voter registration card.<br /><br />I've been registered since I was 18 and have never missed a Presidential election. :)

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> In the great State of Texas, when you get your driver's license you also get a voter registration card.<br /><br />I've been registered since I was 18 and have never missed a Presidential election. :)
What's that make, LF? 2 elections?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I had regestered back when I was 18, but once joined the Navy I never went back. So I guess I was regestered, but I never used absentee or went back to my hometown.<br /><br />This year is different it seems. Must be getting to the age when a person gives a crap!<br /><br />Capt Kid, this is Ladyfish's second time of voting! :p

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I hear she just barely made the last Pres. election too.
offtheair.gif
<br /> :D <br />AK Chappy

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Here is an issue to talk about.<br />Here, as an Australian Resident, you MUST be on the Electoral Roll, and you MUST Vote, in fact, if you do not Vote, then you get<br />fined/prosecuted, and believe me, they do just that.<br />I have heard of people not going on the roll etc, but there's not a lot.<br />The result is brilliant - close to 100% of adults decide which representative will go to Parliment or the Senate and Govern them.<br />That is a true democracy :) :) <br />(Make them ALL vote, then no bug*ar can complain about the outcome.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br />What's that make, LF? 2 elections?
Capt. Kidd, how'd you guess? :D <br /><br />And since all dumbs are not blonde, I voted Republican both times. :p